Groups
    EXPIRED

Best value core i7 laptop

Hi everyone! I've been looking around for the best value core i7 laptop I can find for the past week or so and as of yet haven't found anything that I've thought was an amazing deal.

The laptop will mostly be used as a desktop-replacement work laptop.. The reason for needing a powerful processor is that it will be used for a lot of compiling and running code, so the faster the processor the better. 2 display outputs (HDMI + VGA?) would also be a big plus as it will probably spent most of it's time plugged into external monitors...

So far the best options seem to be:

HP Pavilion DV6-3180EA at Amazon for £740
    amazon.co.uk/Pav…928 (Have seen it for £670 elsewhere but would prefer to stick to a retailer I've heard of)

Acer Aspire 5750G at Save On Laptops for £684:
    saveonlaptops.co.uk/Ace…tml

Sony VAIO VPCF13M8E/B also at Save on Laptops for £800
    saveonlaptops.co.uk/Son…tml

All seem like good options but don't seem like amazingly hot deals. Has anybody used these laptops / suggest whether these are in fact good deals / advise on which one of the 3 they'd go for?

Thanks in advance!

1 Comment

After a bit more research - The core i7 laptops I found were not even close to being a desktop replacement solution...

However for the same price as the Sony - I bought one with a far more powerful processor which is far more powerful than my current desktop, 8gb ram, dedicated graphics and a big enough hard disk:

saveonlaptops.co.uk/Ace…tml

I think this is a pretty good deal compared to other similarily price laptops, even if it is just at the RRP at the moment
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22

See more discussions