Best value fibre broadband?

Found 15th Jul
Hi, what’s the best value fibre broadband deal at the moment?

cheapest I’ve found is Vodafone, but reviews aren’t the best. Was hoping to go with Sky but their cheapest is £25, but I know others have managed to get a better deal but they won’t do better than £25.

thanks in advance

da
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
cmdr_elito17 m ago

I get 350mb for around £40

Didn't really answer the question though did it
16 Comments
cmdr_elito17 m ago

I think Now TV's fab fibre (owned by sky) is slightly better offer than sky, still £25/m at the moment, but they only charge £10 for the router, whereas Sky charge about £60 in set up fees. Cashback on quidco for Now is slightly lower than sky, but not by 50 quid. Also Now is a 12 month contract, I think sky is 18.
Edited by: "melted" 15th Jul
Signed up with Vodafone in December and speeds are faster than what I got with BT. £20 for 76mbps when I signed up. However, Vodafone's router is rubbish for WiFi, so that I use my own router.
steve.t1 h, 25 m ago

Cheapest is MacDonalds. You get free internet most places so why pay for it.
melted44 m ago

I think Now TV's fab fibre (owned by sky) is slightly better offer than …I think Now TV's fab fibre (owned by sky) is slightly better offer than sky, still £25/m at the moment, but they only charge £10 for the router, whereas Sky charge about £60 in set up fees. Cashback on quidco for Now is slightly lower than sky, but not by 50 quid. Also Now is a 12 month contract, I think sky is 18.

my sky router was free plus £9.99 delivery.
chocci14 m ago

my sky router was free plus £9.99 delivery.

Currently asking for £60 which negates most of the cashback. Now also has a shorter 12 month contract.

In any case, I usually sign up with a provider whose last price increase was at least 6 months ago. That gives me enough time to collect the cashback and leave the contract when the price goes up.
steve.t3 h, 28 m ago

Helping OP unstandardised “value” and whilst others may have done better that often depends on many factors, such as time of year and their customer targets.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 15th Jul
kester762 h, 3 m ago

Cheapest is MacDonalds. You get free internet most places so why pay for … Cheapest is MacDonalds. You get free internet most places so why pay for it.

Haha! Can imagine you going in there with a gaming laptop and headset and buying a mc flurry.
cmdr_elito1 h, 22 m ago

Haha! Can imagine you going in there with a gaming laptop and headset and …Haha! Can imagine you going in there with a gaming laptop and headset and buying a mc flurry.

No way I'm touching a filthy laptop and what's with the singular mc flurry
Joking aside the 350mb is the best value for £ to performance even though virgins YouTube servers aren't quite up to the speed. But you don't need a router unless you want Ethernet. Most people can get an amazing signal from their neighbours and you can use friends or family credentials to login to Virgins or BT guest modes.
kester767 m ago

No way I'm touching a filthy laptop and what's with the singular mc …No way I'm touching a filthy laptop and what's with the singular mc flurry Joking aside the 350mb is the best value for £ to performance even though virgins YouTube servers aren't quite up to the speed. But you don't need a router unless you want Ethernet. Most people can get an amazing signal from their neighbours and you can use friends or family credentials to login to Virgins or BT guest modes.

That’s why I have my own router and the hub is in modem only mode as anyone using this would ultimately slow down my speed!!
cmdr_elito1 h, 27 m ago

That’s why I have my own router and the hub is in modem only mode as a …That’s why I have my own router and the hub is in modem only mode as anyone using this would ultimately slow down my speed!!

Shouldn't affect the speed as there's two separate modems but I guess WiFi might be effected. Not sure exactly if this disables the virgin WiFi. Can you check to see if you have a virgin ssid?
kester761 h, 16 m ago

Shouldn't affect the speed as there's two separate modems but I guess WiFi …Shouldn't affect the speed as there's two separate modems but I guess WiFi might be effected. Not sure exactly if this disables the virgin WiFi. Can you check to see if you have a virgin ssid?

I don’t have a Virgin SSID. There isn’t anything apart from my network (from my router) present!
cmdr_elito2 m ago

I don’t have a Virgin SSID. There isn’t anything apart from my network (fr …I don’t have a Virgin SSID. There isn’t anything apart from my network (from my router) present!

Weird, I know you can opt out but it prevents you from roaming virgin WiFi.
You have answered your own questions.
Voda is the cheapest
I’m with Vodafone broadband and I find it fantastic never any drop off and has 2 network connections to be able to sign in on one of which you make an easy password for guests when they are in your home
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants