Best value for money 2TB external hard drive

Posted 1st Nov
I am looking to back to MacBook Pro 500GB laptops up and looking for the best external hard drive to do this. Could people recommend what they feel would be the right external hard drive for the job. Thank you in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Personal preference, I use Seagate. Use them for backup and for recording and never had an issue.
I've always heard good things about buffalo drives. But even just a quick look on techradar seems that a buffalo mini station would be a good choice to go with. Although theres WD passports on there too if you prefer those or even a seagate. So just have a look at those.
Mk6Dan9201/11/2019 09:53

I've always heard good things about buffalo drives. But even just a quick …I've always heard good things about buffalo drives. But even just a quick look on techradar seems that a buffalo mini station would be a good choice to go with. Although theres WD passports on there too if you prefer those or even a seagate. So just have a look at those.

Thanks
psychedelicrenegade01/11/2019 09:53

Personal preference, I use Seagate. Use them for backup and for recording …Personal preference, I use Seagate. Use them for backup and for recording and never had an issue.

Thanks
Mk6Dan9201/11/2019 09:53

I've always heard good things about buffalo drives. But even just a quick …I've always heard good things about buffalo drives. But even just a quick look on techradar seems that a buffalo mini station would be a good choice to go with. Although theres WD passports on there too if you prefer those or even a seagate. So just have a look at those.

I have used Buffalo for NAS at work and they've been fine but can't comment on single external drives. I tend stay away from WD from personal experience, as most drive fails i've encountered are WD models.
psychedelicrenegade01/11/2019 10:00

I have used Buffalo for NAS at work and they've been fine but can't …I have used Buffalo for NAS at work and they've been fine but can't comment on single external drives. I tend stay away from WD from personal experience, as most drive fails i've encountered are WD models.

I've seen a few WD fail but they've been used in commercial environments. Buffalo we've used at works for ages without any issues at all even on the small portable ones.
They are all best value for everyone because you have yet to state any personal usage characteristics which set you different from everyone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants