Groups

best value gaming laptop

gonna swap my netbook and desktop to get a gaming laptop instead, whats the best value and what should i be looking into getting, in terms of spec?

13 Comments

The best laptop for playing games is called a desktop

Original Poster

guilbert53;5586802

thanks mate

guilbert53;5586802

ROFL, but soooo true. Laptops have uses and gaming isn't one of them (not upgradable, too high priced to buy etc etc etc)

Original Poster

Stainy;5586817

ROFL, but soooo true. Laptops have uses and gaming isn't one of them (not … ROFL, but soooo true. Laptops have uses and gaming isn't one of them (not upgradable, too high priced to buy etc etc etc)

yes i know but a desktop isnt practical atm for me

You realise you're looking >£1k for a gaming laptop, right.....

megalomaniac;5586901

Not true I'm using a dell XPS M1530 and it plays modern games with ease call of duty 4, world at war at full detail, cost me £640 from sterlingxs.co.uk/ as they are returns all mine is missing is the Q key

It failed spectacularly to gain any heat, but I still stand by the deal I posted last week as the best value (semi) gaming laptop, at hotukdeals.com/ite…50/ . Okay, the 8600M GS isn't anywhere near as fast as a midrange desktop card, but you're not going to get a system with as big a screen or as powerful a GPU for anything like that sort of money anywhere else.

My 8600M GS isn't at all bad, by the way - especially as it is happy to overclock by as much as 50% with perfect stability. Higher still when I feel like pushing it, but a 50% boost in clock speed is a nice safe OC for it. And if you burn it out, just make an iffy warranty claim, like I did when my GPU got a bit ill.

J.Dance;5586954

Not true I'm using a dell XPS M1530 and it plays modern games with ease … Not true I'm using a dell XPS M1530 and it plays modern games with ease call of duty 4, world at war at full detail, cost me £640 from http://www.sterlingxs.co.uk/ as they are returns all mine is missing is the Q key

That game's two years old, hardly modern in an industry where stuff from 6 months ago is considered old hat.........and seriously a missing key on a laptop......and you're happy with that? Takes all sorts I suppose.

That is not a gaming laptop, not even close. This: rockdirect.com/vie…SL8 :thumbsup: is a gaming laptop.

Original Poster

megalomaniac;5586901

im not haha, im looking for less, i dont want to play the latest games or on the highest settings, i just like to play games and cant on my netbook

Cluffy321;5587086

im not haha, im looking for less, i dont want to play the latest games or … im not haha, im looking for less, i dont want to play the latest games or on the highest settings, i just like to play games and cant on my netbook

Then it's not a gaming laptop you're looking for, that means something specific and expensive.

DXX's suggestion is probably about what you need in that case.

megalomaniac;5587019

That game's two years old, hardly modern in an industry where stuff from … That game's two years old, hardly modern in an industry where stuff from 6 months ago is considered old hat.........and seriously a missing key on a laptop......and you're happy with that? Takes all sorts I suppose.That is not a gaming laptop, not even close. This: http://www.rockdirect.com/viewNotebook.php?pName=XTREME%20SL8 :thumbsup: is a gaming laptop.

Yes its no biggy phoned Dell and they sent me a replacement one for nothing, easy to fit. Currently playing Empire Total War in high detail and its plays fine.

Original Poster

megalomaniac;5587098

Then it's not a gaming laptop you're looking for, that means something … Then it's not a gaming laptop you're looking for, that means something specific and expensive.DXX's suggestion is probably about what you need in that case.

my desktop doesnt play games on the highest details, so im not too bothered about ultimate performance

Asus g70/50.. might wanna wait for the G71gx or the g51/60 coming later this year..

Or the novatech gaming laptops are good..

I'm considering this one -

novatech.co.uk/nov…X55
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten44
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.816
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047184

See more discussions