Best value laptop in the £350-450 bracket

Posted 10th Feb
As stated in the title, looking for a laptop in the £350-450 range. Mainly used for light gaming and watching films.

Any recommendations are appreciated, thank you 😁
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
this question gets asked at least once every day on HUKD.
what have you found out so far by looking around this forum?
and what have you done so far to answer your own question? just so we can rule out stuff

hotukdeals.com/dis…459

And for that price range don't expect a new "gaming laptop"

Here is a shortlist of 4 non gaming laptops up to £499
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

You may find cheaper elsewhere
Edited by: "tardytortoise" 10th Feb
Get am I5 or above, with minimum 8gb ram with an ssd. Will be slightly above the budget but will certainly last long.
A machine with a Ryzen 3500u would be a decent choice as it has better integrated graphics than Intel so should be ok for some light gaming. At that budget it will be difficult to get a dedicated GPU.
@tardytortoise@TheRatedSeller@Gormond
Thanks for the help! I appreciate that these questions get asked frequently but couldn't see any with this specific price point and it's for a present so not as if I can wait too long until something comes down in price.
I had seen the thread and the laptops posted by @tardytortoise but discounted them for now as they're a bit over budget, but definitely keeping them in mind!

Certainly not expecting anything that has a dedicated GPU, by light gaming I mean online games or older titles. Maybe certain newish games on low graphics/frame rate if I'm lucky.
richardsprice9410/02/2020 18:05

@tardytortoise @TheRatedSeller @Gormond Thanks for the help! I appreciate …@tardytortoise @TheRatedSeller @Gormond Thanks for the help! I appreciate that these questions get asked frequently but couldn't see any with this specific price point and it's for a present so not as if I can wait too long until something comes down in price.I had seen the thread and the laptops posted by @tardytortoise but discounted them for now as they're a bit over budget, but definitely keeping them in mind! Certainly not expecting anything that has a dedicated GPU, by light gaming I mean online games or older titles. Maybe certain newish games on low graphics/frame rate if I'm lucky.

if its a present - let the recipient choose and bear in mind what i have said in other posts; you need to see the screen and touch the keyboard? would you buy a car without a test drive?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants