Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Best value smartphone under £200

Posted 15th Dec 2019Edited by:"zan87"
Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a new smartphone as my Google Pixel seems to be on it's VERY last legs (lasts about 4 hours a charge and have tried re-calibrating the battery). Outside of me sending it somewhere for a battery repair, it might just be time to get a new phone. I asked this back in August and didn't get around the purchasing at that time and I'm so lost with today's offerings and want to make sure I get the best one for my budget.

What I need from a smart phone:

Access to Play Store for WhatsApp
Good battery.
Good screen.
Ideally have NFC and USB C (I know these are usually more for higher end)

I'm not too fussed about the camera quality or running the latest games on the handset. It's mostly for work.

I have been looking at the Pocophone F1 as it's well reviewed or the Motorola Moto G7 Power due to it's 5,000mah battery. Are these good options?

Do any of you have some suggestions on what I should look at?

Many thanks.

Edit: Decided to pay a little extra and went for the P30 Lite with the free wireless buds.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Redmi 8
Some strong prices at Cex for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL.
I know camera wasn't a priority for you but the camera on these have got a few of the recent updates.
uk.webuy.com/pro…e-b

Good luck whatever you choose!
Just got Redmi note 8 from eBay for my wife for £136 delivered within EU. Beautiful phone 64GB+4GB ram. All you need.
Xiaomi Mi 8.
amazon.co.uk/Xia…8FT

I don't think Poco F1 have NFC

Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G from place like eglobal central may worth considering if you pay slightly more
Thank you very much for the replies everyone. Should make it much easier for me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions