Groups
    EXPIRED

Best Value TFT Monitor

First time poster here(as such) - so be gentle

I've seen a 19" for sale on ebuyer about £110 but have read bad things about cheap lcd monitors (dead pixels)

I want my cake & I want to eat it, as it were.

I want a decent 19" TFT monitor, but don't want to pay the earth for it.

Suggestions please?

2 Comments

ebuyer stock the HannsG monitors,current model HN198d for just short of £122 delivered.
    I purchased the previous model,same spec as the current one a couple of months ago and am delighted with it,no dead pixels,delivered on time etc.
    It is a bit better spec than the ebuyer branded one 700:1 and 8ms response time.

If dead pixels concern you,and it does happen,'tis the nature of these things,maybe go for a Philips one.

My husband purchased one 3 years ago and one month before the 3 year warranty ran out a blue line of dead pixels appeared.We phoned philips and they replaced it,no questions asked,within 3 days.Can't say fairer than that.
    You may pay a £20 or so more but at least you are safe in the knowledge that if you get a dead pixel it will be replaced.

Original Poster

muckypup

My husband purchased one 3 years ago and one month before the 3 year … My husband purchased one 3 years ago and one month before the 3 year warranty ran out a blue line of dead pixels appeared.We phoned philips and they replaced it,no questions asked,within 3 days.Can't say fairer than that.You may pay a £20 or so more but at least you are safe in the knowledge that if you get a dead pixel it will be replaced.

Thanks for that.

Any more suggestions gratefully recieved
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. laptop for editing 4k videos (3840×2160p 30 fps)11
      2. BBQ Lighter Fuel or Gel11
      3. Messages11
      4. Customs charged too much for a little item!67

See more discussions