Best value washing machine?

Posted 27th Oct
I bought a washing machine secondhand 6 months ago and it broke today. Therefore, I am looking to replace it quickly with a new one. I think it may be appropriate to buy a brand new one this time so it lasts longer.

I want a good deal. Are there are suggestions?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

19 Comments
Value is not a good word when talking about washers, don’t do for the cheapest they give you a 10 year parts warranty but will charge you £120+ a visit but allow you to pay that per year as well. Makes a cheap washer of a couple of hundred quid be the same cost after one call out as a machine that costs 300 to £350 with a 5 year full warranty
eslick27/10/2019 14:47

Value is not a good word when talking about washers, don’t do for the c …Value is not a good word when talking about washers, don’t do for the cheapest they give you a 10 year parts warranty but will charge you £120+ a visit but allow you to pay that per year as well. Makes a cheap washer of a couple of hundred quid be the same cost after one call out as a machine that costs 300 to £350 with a 5 year full warranty

Yeah i noticed that with Candy. They have 1 year full warranty and 10 year parts. But after I looked into it, all visits cost a fixed £120.
mg199527/10/2019 14:53

Yeah i noticed that with Candy. They have 1 year full warranty and 10 year …Yeah i noticed that with Candy. They have 1 year full warranty and 10 year parts. But after I looked into it, all visits cost a fixed £120.

Add on 4 times £120 and it’s a very expensive machine, they are built to fail unlike ones with longer warranties.
Try Argos or ao.com it depends how busy your house hold is but at least you get warranty for it for Bush you looking at £159
Have a look around, we bought ours from AO before and they were quite good value. They also have an eBay store (along with other big retailers) and eBay are doing some voucher code offers now which might help. We have a beko which has withstood 5 years and now 3 young children. The company that makes beko also make bloomsberg - we have a tumble dryer from there and was told by the installer that they’re decent machines made from the same parts but marketed cheaper.
Try and go for something that has a quick wash option too and go for best energy rating you can afford
If you're watching the pennies, I'd go with a Beko. If you're spending a bit more, Bosch, or Miele (though I've read the cheaper Mieles aren't as good nowadays, can't comment personally on that, however).
My personal experience with Bosch has been very good. Expensive, but great value in the long run.
Personally I can’t fault the Kenwood WM16/WM17 models at Curry’s. They look great, they’re pretty cheap and I’ve never had any problems. Only downside is the 1 year warranty versus the 5 year warranty that comes with Samsung washing machines
I normally look at the clearance section in JohnLewis. You get the warranty and quite often can get a deal. I would only buy new when it comes to washing machines as they don’t move well due to the weights on the drum not being bolted into place after shipping.
Cheap ain’t always best value - I have hotpoint.co.uk/h/laundry/washing-machines/hotpoint-smart-wmfug-1063p-washing-machine-white/f086255. 10kg drum so more washing per load AND it lets you spin any setting at 1600rpm so it practically comes out dry which saves on tumble dryer time. Very quiet running too. Managed to pick it up on eBay Hotpoint store cheaper as it’s one of the stores that is always included on the 10% off (I think it was about £289 which isn’t too bad to be fair)
Edited by: "incubus" 27th Oct
Maybe I just got lucky or more likely maybe they just don't make them like they used to ?

Anyway had my Haier 10 years now cost £120
+1 For Beko as well

jbecker27/10/2019 15:56

I normally look at the clearance section in JohnLewis. You get the …I normally look at the clearance section in JohnLewis. You get the warranty and quite often can get a deal. I would only buy new when it comes to washing machines as they don’t move well due to the weights on the drum not being bolted into place after shipping.

So just save the bolts
Wongy11027/10/2019 18:43

Maybe I just got lucky or more likely maybe they just don't make them like …Maybe I just got lucky or more likely maybe they just don't make them like they used to ?Anyway had my Haier 10 years now cost £120+1 For Beko as wellSo just save the bolts

Unfortunately when you buy second hand you don’t normally find machines with their shipping bolts in place.
jbecker27/10/2019 18:52

Unfortunately when you buy second hand you don’t normally find machines w …Unfortunately when you buy second hand you don’t normally find machines with their shipping bolts in place.

Just pack the drum surround with crumpled cardboard/polystryrene, easy peasey.
Edited by: "splender" 27th Oct
Get something like a beko cheap and cheerfull unless you use every day, if otherwise get quality.
As your washer lasted only 6 months with a second hand one with new at least get 12month and electricals usually fail in that time after that wear comes in to effect?
Edited by: "morrig" 27th Oct
Brands to consider: Beko,Blomberg,Bosch,Samsung,Siemens

Stay away from:Hotpoint,Hoover, candy
I got 189 or something indeist and just pay 3 a month for if it breaks down, so far hasn't, just a screw lose
benjaminpinn27/10/2019 20:06

Brands to consider: Beko,Blomberg,Bosch,Samsung,Siemens Stay away …Brands to consider: Beko,Blomberg,Bosch,Samsung,Siemens Stay away from:Hotpoint,Hoover, candy

Hotpoint is my current one that just broke. I almost bought a Candy one earlier, good job I didn't.
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
Have a look at this. It’s made by Beko but with a free 5 year warranty. Not a bad machine for the price.
Edited by moderator: "trimmed link" 27th Oct
Depends on your budget but Samsung, LG , Bosch all good , maybe a bit more than some other but many of these will come with a 5 year warranty .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants