Best veggie burgers/sausages?

20 replies
Found 28th Oct 2016
Hey everyone, after trying a few veggie burgers in fast food restaurants (Burger King beef just tastes like water to me) I was pleasantly surprised by the taste, so I've been trying to find vegan/veggie alternatives.

I've tried a few quorn products and Linda's sausages which are quite nice. I definitely prefer the texture when compared to their meat counterparts, but I just found the taste to be a bit bland.

Yesterday I tried Lidl's bean burgers and I thought they were awesome. Really nice taste and texture.

So yeah, any reccomendations?

I'm not too bothered about nutritional value as this is more of a treat.

20 Comments

We have just finished a Linda McCartney mozzarella burger each. Lovely, moist and good taste. The 1/4 pounders are good too. Also morrisons own Kiev are tasty. We tend to avoid most of the tesco products as they are soy and we tend to find all TVP textured vegetable protein seems to have better texture /taste. I've been vege for 25 nearly years and things have certainly moved on

Go to Mr Singhs in Birmingham aswell as Kings lounge and Veggie hut

Another vote here for LM's mozzarella burgers.

Glamorgan sausages are great and probably the best off the shelf veggie sausage I've tried (not a fan of fake meat products).
Burger wise it depends on what you prefer, I had an amazing vegan chickpea and bean burger a few weekends ago at a cafe still trying to find a matching recipe or premade.

'Frys' range are excellent and if you like something a bit different, 'Secret Sausages' a wide variety, available from Holland and Barrett. 'VegiDeli' (from VBites) also have different varieties of sausages. 'VegiGusto' are very good too - they have a promo first order pack on their website.
Edited by: "dicki" 28th Oct 2016

i agree that Linda's mozzarella burgers are fab, but I also like tesco's own pack of 8 beef style veg burgers, they make a great double cheeseburger with a cheese slice!

​I've been waiting for a good price too try Linda McCartney burgers, though I don't always check them.

Glad to see a few recommendations.

Banned

The best ones have pork in them.

Original Poster

CaptCShadow

​I've been waiting for a good price too try Linda McCartney burgers, t … ​I've been waiting for a good price too try Linda McCartney burgers, though I don't always check them.Glad to see a few recommendations.

​Best I could find was £1.25 in Iceland

groceries.iceland.co.uk/lin…126

I'm not even a veggie but I like Quorndon.

*quiet.

Lol QUORN

The spicy bean burgers own brand Iceland are lushhhh

Hello everyone I had same issue I tried lots of stuff then because everything is processed and not that good for you I made my own and froze them. Very easy to make go on do something people get that sofa and tv. The veg burgers I made at tasted a lot better that and search for ideas online.

Quorn quarter pounders if you can find them.
Edited by: "numb3r9" 29th Oct 2016

The vegetarian range at Sainsbury's is quite good. They have a couple of options of burgers and they are all quite tasty. Also, if you have space for a large pack, there is a box of Californian burgers at Costco which is very nice.

Yeah, get the Cauldron sausages or Linda's quarter pounders.

None.

l_davies93

Hey everyone, after trying a few veggie burgers in fast food … Hey everyone, after trying a few veggie burgers in fast food restaurants (Burger King beef just tastes like water to me) I was pleasantly surprised by the taste, so I've been trying to find vegan/veggie alternatives.I've tried a few quorn products and Linda's sausages which are quite nice. I definitely prefer the texture when compared to their meat counterparts, but I just found the taste to be a bit bland.Yesterday I tried Lidl's bean burgers and I thought they were awesome. Really nice taste and texture.So yeah, any reccomendations?I'm not too bothered about nutritional value as this is more of a treat.

Have you tried Nandos Veggie wrap, I really loved them, they have the burger too but the wrap just tastes better.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604812
    2. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …46
    3. Add one, leave one game54415441
    4. Wow apple you really are bad1318

See more discussions