Best video camera under £300?

Posted 10th Nov
Preferably used so I can I get better value for money. I need something that can produce good cinematic scenes, and be good in low light. I don't know if you usually need extra lenses to do this effectively, I'm new to filmmaking and need some help. If anyone could explain the use of lenses and what's better for what situation, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks people.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

7 Comments
Start by looking on YouTube, the key is research, know thine enemy!
esar10/11/2019 22:29

Start by looking on YouTube, the key is research, know thine enemy!

There's so many different videos, and so many different opinions, I'm looking to get a more holistic answer. It's a huge field which I know nothing about and I am doing research, but am not getting very far lol.

My main request is help finding a good video camera, if that's even possible at the price point I stated.
You might make great videos with a phone or really terrible videos with a high end 4k camera on a gimbal.
Don't worry about what you'll use, just how you'll use it.
Start small and build, don't forget good sound and lighting.
Just have fun with it, even the desasters will teach you valuable lessons.
Don't take shortcuts. Educate yourself (doesn't have to be university) on the art of filmmaking, and different types of cameras, different lighting, types of shots etc and then start looking at top 10 budget 4k cameras and go from there. Plenty of YT videos on the subject of lenses too; no text can explain it better than a video explanation, believe me.
Couple of films have been shot using phones. Unsamne was was shot on an iphone 7 plus with a film app, that looked really good.
So depending on what phone you have, youmight be onto a winner already and all you'll need it something to stabilise the phone
Toon_army11/11/2019 06:58

Couple of films have been shot using phones. Unsamne was was shot on an …Couple of films have been shot using phones. Unsamne was was shot on an iphone 7 plus with a film app, that looked really good.So depending on what phone you have, youmight be onto a winner already and all you'll need it something to stabilise the phone

I've got a Pixel 3 XL, but you just can't record in low light on a phone. Everything gets super grainy. Also if I ever need to zoom in (which I will, often), that's not really an option.
sAmeri11/11/2019 09:26

I've got a Pixel 3 XL, but you just can't record in low light on a phone. …I've got a Pixel 3 XL, but you just can't record in low light on a phone. Everything gets super grainy. Also if I ever need to zoom in (which I will, often), that's not really an option.

Led flood lights are one option and Google "zoom lens for a smartphone"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants