Best video doorbell

Posted 23rd Jul 2020
Hi All. Looking to get a smart/video doorbell, preferably battery powered. Are there any doorbells that integrate well with Alexa show/google home etc ..., such as automatically displaying the video whenever the doorbell is rendered? Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Ring.
If you have an Alexa show or spot, the video will play on that.
Samsung smart tv’s can play ring video, but only from pro doorbells I believe.
Edited by: "MadSkilzYo" 23rd Jul
Will ring work with ios please, I’m after a battery one too
Eufy! without a doubt. Ring is tosh in my opinion with no screenshot notification and monthly subscription. Ill explain, Ive had... (ive actually just posted most of these comments on a currently cold Ring deal) ....

Vuebell: Cheap, good, video screenshots of visitors and motion, but the light on the button where visitors are supposed to press is rubbish - so many said they didnt know where to press. Hardwired only. No Alexa. I would give it 60/100

Ring: Disappointing, no screenshot notification so have to load up the app and review the video or actually answer the doorbell to even know who it was/is, which is annoying when its just the hubby, or postie. Can be Hardwired or Battery powered. Subscription based. Works with Alexa. I would give it due to no screenshot notifications 40/100

Eufy: Perfect in my opinion. No monthly charge, amazing notification screenshots, (it even zooms in on the persons face so there is no mistaking who it is/was). Don't have to load up the app or unlock phone to see who it is/was, just tap drag the notification and the screen shot appears on your lock screen. Worth every penny. Video is notabily better than the ring. Your recorded videos are stored and streamed locally via the hub rather than from Rings servers. Can be Hardwired or Battery Powered. Works with Alexa. I would give this one 98/100. Drops two points for 2 things that could make it even better, which would be a "widget" for android (and IOS when they support them) and a quicker way to snooze the notifications, which could be part of the widget I guess.
Edited by: "GoshILoveABargain" 23rd Jul
MadSkilzYo23/07/2020 06:31

Ring. If you have an Alexa show or spot, the video will play on that. …Ring. If you have an Alexa show or spot, the video will play on that. Samsung smart tv’s can play ring video, but only from pro doorbells I believe.

Does it load automatically ? I have Samsung tv but don’t get alerts will check
wakkaday23/07/2020 10:21

Does it load automatically ? I have Samsung tv but don’t get alerts will c …Does it load automatically ? I have Samsung tv but don’t get alerts will check

Not sure. I didn’t get it to work due to not having pro. Works with the Samsung smarthings app. Google will show you.
does the ring doorbell have to be hard wired?

never had a doorbell see, so we don’t have wiring.
Mendoza23/07/2020 15:56

does the ring doorbell have to be hard wired?never had a doorbell see, so …does the ring doorbell have to be hard wired?never had a doorbell see, so we don’t have wiring.

No
Post a comment
@
    Text