Best video games of the decade... and biggest disappointments!

Posted 31st Dec 2019
Discussion for all the gamers out there!

3378487-dHjAg.jpg
As 2020 is ushering in not only a new year but also a new decade, I thought I would try and gauge opinion on what video games the HUKD community consider to be the best of the decade and also what have been the biggest disappointments. Plenty of games and platforms to pick from!
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

14 Comments
Mario Kart mobile - Disappointment
Borderlands 2 PC

Mario Kart 8 Wii U
The Witcher 3. Due to it's immersive story and gameplay that seemed to last a decade including all the DLC's. I haven't got so much intwertwined gameplay out of one game in a decade.
Best:- Skyrim, Portal 2, PUBG
I haven't played many games this decade, so I'm not very qualified for this, but I loved the ones I played I would give my vote to Tomb Raider (2013) because it was an excellent re-do of the series style. I also liked Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Disappointment... well I would say the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 switch to a vs battle game. I disliked the change from a free roam open world of the first two Naruto games on Xbox 360 gen.
Tom Clancy’s: Rainbow Six Siege
I'd have to say that my favourites were Battlefield 1, Mario Kart 8, GTA V, Detroit: Become Human, Modern Warfare 3.

Biggest dissapointment - Everything to do with Battlefield V.
Where’s the love for Gears 3? It was literally the best Gears in the series and hasn’t been as good since.

Big disappointment for me?... not actually too sure?
I'm still avidly 360-ing so I'm not very current. However, I know my biggest disappointment would have to be "Brink." Dear or dear. It looked so amazing in the trailers and all the FMV but boy, was that the ONLY good thing.

As for best, I'm very easily impressed. I'm just now playing "C.O.D. "Ghosts" which is amazing from a visual standpoint. I'm not far in but am enjoying it so far. My all-time faves have to be Fallout 3 & N.V. and all of the Mass Effect series. They are so engrossing and the characters are so interesting. Oh, and has already been mentioned but Skyrim. Wow. What a game and in such a small filesize. Incredible. I was shocked.
Best: Angry Birds

Disappointment: RDR2
Best: Persona 5, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Skyrim remastered, Mass Effect Trilogy (I played them all in the last decade) I'm sure I'm missing a lot!
Disappointed: Mass Effect: Andromeda. Not the worse game ever but so disappointing compared to the original trilogy.
Best Games:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - The first game I have ever bothered completing to 100%
Saint's Row 4 - Amazingly fun game!

Disappointments:
Resident Evil 2 - Great game but too short and disappointing because both characters have the same story.
Horizon Zero Dawn - So boring, so repetitive. I completed the main story but had no real interest in it.

Bad Games:
Witcher 3 - Played it for an hour, that was enough to know it is awful.
Best: Bloodborne for me, although I know it's worst for some people

Worst: The Last of Us, although I know it's best for some weird people
Edited by: "deeky" 1st Jan
Best: Battlefield 3 and 4

Worst: battlefield 1 and 5
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions