Best Virgin media retention deals

Posted 8th Jul 2019
I'm not sure I'm staying with Virgin....the service has been ok in my area but I'm pretty ****** as my bill has gone up 5 times in less than 3 years any customers out there managed to score decent retention deals? I see they have a 100mb deal for £25 a month which is considerably les than the 44.99 a month now. Or do you know of any other cracking deals? Thanks guys and gals
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
I pay £25 for 200mb, was 22 before the last increase.
Wasnt exactly helpful
J124009/07/2019 00:09

I pay £25 for 200mb, was 22 before the last increase.

But thanks
Jonwilkie09/07/2019 00:32

Wasnt exactly helpful But thanks

You asked for retentions deals. That is a retention deal. Unless you're looking for new customer/cash back deals and not retentions deals.
There is no loyalty amongst the likes of Virgin. You should shop around every year just as you do with car insurance. When you put your money where your mouth is, they usually tend to match new customer deals but this means giving them 30 days notice to cancel and waiting for their refuse to lose/retentions team to call you back (be sure to enable marketing consent on the myvirginmedia site so they call you).

Also check uSwitch to see if any other ISPs are available in your area and a ballpark figure of what they are charging https://w…es/

Don't be afraid to run down your notice period. Once your service is disconnected, you can ask your partner or a household member to sign up and there are always generous VM cashback offfers on Quidco/TCB which can bring the 100mb service with phone @ £33p/m to £23p/m after £120 cashback
Been with Virgin about 15 year's on retention deals. This year they have not offered me one for first time so are leaving for BT
deleted1410297
Im on £22/23 a month for 200mb broadband only
I’m on virgin on a pretty bad deal. Don’t have a phone line. If I switch, say to EE broadbands for example, would I have to pay for a landline to be installed and pay for the line rental ?
discozohan09/07/2019 08:37

I’m on virgin on a pretty bad deal. Don’t have a phone line. If I switch, s …I’m on virgin on a pretty bad deal. Don’t have a phone line. If I switch, say to EE broadbands for example, would I have to pay for a landline to be installed and pay for the line rental ?

Depends on company re paying for installation - BT did not charge, Plusnet wanted £50. Landline plus fibre unlikely to be very different to just fibre with Virgin
Virgin's retention team know exactly how much bandwidth you use each month and they'll use this information when deciding if they want you as a 'loyal' customer or not.
UPDATE: So after speaking to 1 member of the retentions team who basically lied to me outright I have been offered to reduce to 100mbs for £37 a month but with £50 credit works out to £32 a month so abit better
Jonwilkie09/07/2019 11:10

UPDATE: So after speaking to 1 member of the retentions team who basically …UPDATE: So after speaking to 1 member of the retentions team who basically lied to me outright I have been offered to reduce to 100mbs for £37 a month but with £50 credit works out to £32 a month so abit better

The retentions team you speak to when you call in to cancel are usually patronising. Surprised you settled on £32 for 100mb when you could have given your notice and at the least, got them to match the uSwitch price for new customers @ £27 or could have got it down to £23 after cashback as a new joining customer
Jonwilkie09/07/2019 11:10

UPDATE: So after speaking to 1 member of the retentions team who basically …UPDATE: So after speaking to 1 member of the retentions team who basically lied to me outright I have been offered to reduce to 100mbs for £37 a month but with £50 credit works out to £32 a month so abit better

Wow that’s not a great deal. Prices are going up in September/October you can do the dance again the and make sure you do it’s when the best offers are available.
Paying £26 for 350mb
thenormalone09/07/2019 12:33

The retentions team you speak to when you call in to cancel are usually …The retentions team you speak to when you call in to cancel are usually patronising. Surprised you settled on £32 for 100mb when you could have given your notice and at the least, got them to match the uSwitch price for new customers @ £27 or could have got it down to £23 after cashback as a new joining customer

At what point have I settled on anything>?
They offered me £45.50 (inclusive of price hike) for basic phone and 350mb
it may be naughty but realistically is there anything to stop me leaving and the wife opening a contract in her name?
teh31337one09/07/2019 16:34

They offered me £45.50 (inclusive of price hike) for basic phone and 350mb

They wanted that for 100mb only! Hence leaving
£44.50 I am getting 200MB, Maxit TV which has BT Sport in HD and Talk Weekend phone.

Best thing to do is give them your 30 day notice. I got a call the next day with this offer which in my opinion is incredible.
dbizal09/07/2019 18:13

£44.50 I am getting 200MB, Maxit TV which has BT Sport in HD and Talk …£44.50 I am getting 200MB, Maxit TV which has BT Sport in HD and Talk Weekend phone. Best thing to do is give them your 30 day notice. I got a call the next day with this offer which in my opinion is incredible.

I've settled on £37 a month with £100 account credit, a new router and an engineer visit. so with the credit works out at £28 a month for 100MB. Which given phone line activation and set up costs from other companies and the face Id need a new VDSL faceplate I'm happy.
Thank you all so much for the help and thoughts
paulj4809/07/2019 10:19

Virgin's retention team know exactly how much bandwidth you use each month …Virgin's retention team know exactly how much bandwidth you use each month and they'll use this information when deciding if they want you as a 'loyal' customer or not.

As someone who just called up and tried to haggle 3.5tb last month and 159 hours of TV ( keep telling the wife to switch it off when she goes out ha) even tell you what channels you've been watching which is a bit "this is an invasion of my privacy"
Jonwilkie09/07/2019 16:35

it may be naughty but realistically is there anything to stop me leaving …it may be naughty but realistically is there anything to stop me leaving and the wife opening a contract in her name?

Downtime in lost services apart from that nothing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants