Best Washer Dryer?

Found 22nd Dec 2012
My washer Dryer just decided to start smoking, so need to get a new Washer Dryer!

Whats the recommendations here? Any particular make or model give best bang for buck?
Community Updates
23 Comments
I won't recommend one but I will say don't buy Hotpoint / Indesit it creases the clothes terribly. I have a steam generator Iron and all that steam still doesn't completely get the creases out.
Maybe try and stick with it, will it consider electronic ciggies?
Original Poster
transit

Maybe try and stick with it, will it consider electronic ciggies?

Nah we have a rule where any smokers must do so outside, and the washer dryer is pretty heavy so dont want to be lifting it outside every other day
Original Poster
gr8h8me

I won't recommend one but I will say don't buy Hotpoint / Indesit it … I won't recommend one but I will say don't buy Hotpoint / Indesit it creases the clothes terribly. I have a steam generator Iron and all that steam still doesn't completely get the creases out.

Yea its an Indesit that kicked the bucket after 2 years. They want £120 to repair, or £180 to repair and extend warranty for a further 1 year. Not sure if its worth it.

I'm thinking a Bosch from John Lewis with extended 5 year cover (total cost would be £650 though)
Edited by: "carmichaelj" 22nd Dec 2012
We got a samsung washer dryer, really happy with it, only thing is you can only dry in 30 min increments. Cleans well and really quiet direct drive drum.
Don't buy hotpoint! My washer/dryer is just over a year old & broke down yesterday. Repair cost £150!
The Zanussi ones seem to be pretty sturdy, before I bought my current one two years ago, I had a really basic model that was about 30 years old!
Banned
if you have room buy seperate, a washer and seperate condensor dryer, these combi are tiny for drying clothes
Miele
This is what you want

Link
Bosch.
I'd buy seperate, I don't use the tumble dryer that much but it comes in handy.
Banned
MrToast

This is what you wantLink

nearly 4 hours to wash and dry a 3kg wash load lol jeeze it would be on 24/7 in this house
Edited by: "sassie" 22nd Dec 2012
All of our white goods are either Siemens or Miele, and are all 8+ years old. The Siemens washing machine had to have new motor brushes recently - just £50 inc call out and fitting. Aside from that - no issues.
Based on personal experience I wouldn't even look at other brands.
This is the Which top 4
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1134/whichd.png
It seems German machines are the way to go now! Damn it, bought a Hotpoint WD last week, assumed they were still made in England and not owned by Indesit.
The wife is the best washer drier I know and it is free to run. (_;)
I have a zanussi which is approx 5 years old now and thank god I bought cover it has broken down more times than I can remember now. cover finishes in January and if it breaks down again I'm upgrading. saying that my mum had an older model zanussi and that lasted 10 years they've just replaced with a Hoover and are happy with it.
We've got an LG washer dryer, very happy with it.
donaldduck2

ha
donaldduck2

She's very good ... but I find she seems to leak a little from underneath
donaldduck2

You've been conned.
Women are never free.
Original Poster
thanks for all the feedback
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions