Groups
    EXPIRED

Best washer dryer for £400 max?

All,

Looking for washer dryer and wondered if anyone can recommend one for no more than £400 (and NOT and indecit).

Probably best to wait for sales I guess but wondered which ones are best to look for in sales.

Thanks!

19 Comments

Do not by a washer/dryer the dryer part is less than useless on all of them.

I agree with gr8t1 - the dryer is a waste of time and electricity. When mine goes I'm having separates so not recommended.

The only one I'd suggest that works well is Miele but that's £1500

I can't find one in that price range and don't call me Max!

Washer Dryers don't get a good reputation for reliability regardless of make, but if you're on a tight budget, Beko is the one to go for.

Hotpoint is just a rebadged Indesit nowadays.

dont buy a washer dryer, i found them rubbish. just get separate ones.

If your buying a washer dryer which ever the brand get a long guarantee. They are less reliable than normal washing machines. I would recommend Coop electrical due their low prices and low cost guarantees.

Original Poster

We don't have room for separates and we rent a property - drying on radiators is no allowed so need alternative for winter. Reviews for the LG look good. As for cost - it really isn't that much these days (£1 max per wash if that).

Thanks for responses so far - will wait for sales...

Sure no where for a small condenser dryer?.

Original Poster

shauneco

Sure no where for a small condenser dryer?.

Afraid so - space is limited

I saw a heated clothes drying airer on here recently, would that be any good? I assume it must plug in

put the drier on top of the washer?

Don't wash save £400

if you must have an all in one washer dryer go for either zanuusi ( had mine for 14 years and still going strong ) or bosch ( my dishwasher is bosch and that's around 11 years old ) also hotpoint is good.

cornishscouse

if you must have an all in one washer dryer go for either zanuusi ( had … if you must have an all in one washer dryer go for either zanuusi ( had mine for 14 years and still going strong ) or bosch ( my dishwasher is bosch and that's around 11 years old ) also hotpoint is good.

Washing machine brands change a lot in 10+ years, Hotpoint is definitely not as good as they were. Cheaper Bosch ranges aren't up to the same quality as the Logixx models nowadays, either.

Zanussi would be a decent option as they are now basically a budget Electrolux. ukwhitegoods.co.uk/hel…tml
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?615
      2. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?67
      3. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      4. GAP Insurance Recommendations11

See more discussions