best washing machine

LocalFound 27th Apr 2017
Hi guys

My washing machine is on its way out so it's time for an upgrade.... I try to read reviews but they are so varied and random u can't get a decent idea of what is good or not... So I'm looking for a decent washing machine 9/10kg load, a quick wash function along with the rest of the extras... Also looking to spend around 4/500quid so any help Thanks
Side note was looking at the hotpoint 10kg from costco is 409
Community Updates
AskWashing Machine
24 Comments
Avoid Hotpoint and Indesit like the plague, They're very unreliable, Also avoid Candy/Hoover.

LG, Samsung both tend to get good feedback.

Miele, Bosch, Siemens are good too.

If you must have a cheap one then I'd opt for Beko, Imo they offer the best value.

This is good value imo Beko
Or this Samsung
This Bosch?

Edited by: ".MUFC." 27th Apr 2017
At the end of the day ..... Buy what you fancy / afford.
Re: above comment. The first customer reviews I read was hotpoint, 91% recommended and would buy again.
I would buy LG as I have one, no problems after 8 years, but then someone who had a problem will say avoid LG at all cost.
I would get a Bosch as they are really good. I would also not buy a washer with the drier built in either. John Lewis usually have an extra years guarantee too.
Often John Lewis do 2 years on their washers & they will price match too if they stock the same make & model.
Check online reviews, Good Housekeeping one is good.
Bosch best choice. Avoid Samsung, Smeg, Indesit...
shauneco

Avoid Hotpoint and Indesit like the plague, They're very unreliable, Also … Avoid Hotpoint and Indesit like the plague, They're very unreliable, Also avoid Candy/Hoover.LG, Samsung both tend to get good feedback.Miele, Bosch, Siemens are good too.If you must have a cheap one then I'd opt for Beko, Imo they offer the best value.This is good value imo BekoOr this SamsungThis Bosch?

​Funny because I'd say avoid Beko and recommend a Hoover - absolutely no issues with my Hoover and will definitely be buying another when the time eventually comes.

If you can afford to upgrade then do look at Miele, nothing but positive reviews and seem to be built to last
[quote=b4lly87]
\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Hi guys
My washing machine is on its way out so it's time for an upgrade.... I try to read reviews but they are so varied and random u can't get a decent idea of what is good or not..

\x09\x09\x09So you come on a site full of varied and random people !

Beko, look on A.O.com
Miele is good but out of budget, so I'd also recommend Bosch. And I'd also recommend buying it from John Lewis, for great customer service and extra warranty.

I'm a member of Which? , so if you'd like me to post their list of recommended best buys (which I'm aware not everyone will agree with), just let me know.
If you can afford it, go for German brand Miele. Best you can get. mine is over 12 years and never had a fault. Built to last and a worthwhile investment.
I bought a Samsung because it had good reviews and a five year guarantee. Also it has a little door you can open to feed in the sock you inevitably drop on the stairs and find just after you've turned the machine on
Miele
For the money you can't beat a Beko.
Ellie.Phant

At the end of the day ..... Buy what you fancy / afford.Re: above … At the end of the day ..... Buy what you fancy / afford.Re: above comment. The first customer reviews I read was hotpoint, 91% recommended and would buy again.I would buy LG as I have one, no problems after 8 years, but then someone who had a problem will say avoid LG at all cost.

Trouble with reviews is that they can mislead, for the first month or so they may work ok with good results. However 3 months down the line it will most likely require repairs etc. If it happens to make it beyond a year you'll be required to pay a nice £130+ call out charge. Since moving production to Poland the quality really has slipped. True they were once a great reliable brand. Not anymore.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 27th Apr 2017
japes

Funny because I'd say avoid Beko and recommend a Hoover - absolutely no … Funny because I'd say avoid Beko and recommend a Hoover - absolutely no issues with my Hoover and will definitely be buying another when the time eventually comes.If you can afford to upgrade then do look at Miele, nothing but positive reviews and seem to be built to last

I can't recommend Hoover/Candy because mine went faulty shortly after guarantee ran out, they also wanted an hefty call out fee. Put me off.
Just buy John Lewis own brand (they are made by Bosch) and you get great customer service.
Bosch for reasonable, lasts longer than the rubbish. Beko is OK if you want a budget washing machine.
Thanks for the advice guys... Miele looks good but need a second mortgage to afford a 9/10kg... I was looking at the Currys LG offer for 399 5year drum and 10years part warranty might have been the other way round... Beko has a budget name I don't know
b4lly87

Thanks for the advice guys... Miele looks good but need a second mortgage … Thanks for the advice guys... Miele looks good but need a second mortgage to afford a 9/10kg... I was looking at the Currys LG offer for 399 5year drum and 10years part warranty might have been the other way round... Beko has a budget name I don't know

After been brought up on hotpoint always bought them but as mentioned they are very poorly built now and their customer service is awful. You will make a friend as the engineer will be round your house ever so often and you will have to pay for additional warranty as they don't give labour warranty for free. We have replaced all hotpoint with Siemens dishwasher, LG washer and Samsung Fridge Freezer and all have been excellent brands and touchwood never had an engineer round since, dishwasher going on 10 years.

Choose a brand that gives you a full warranty, try and avoid Curry's though, again service isn't that great. Go for the biggest drum you can afford and make sure it has the ability to reduce washing time as most large machines can go for hours on a full load like darks. We went with a steam washer was great when the kids were small as it got stains out but as they get older not used as often. You also find that the better machines don't crease as much, with the LG hardly anything needs ironing.
I have a Miele washing machine, tumble dryer and can't fault them. Check on ao.com as they sometimes have cash back offers. Plus ao have an insurance going think it's £6 I pay a month and they cover everything
Hoover washer dryer, good price, good value for money and functionality.
Do not buy Panasonic they are the worst for the money
There's a Hotpoint AQ113D697S Aqualtis 11kg 1600 at Hotpoint Clearance for £287.99, same machine is £699.99 @ Powerhouse.
hotpointclearance.co.uk/Pro…nes

Edited by: "ellenw" 28th Apr 2017
deleted79467
larrylightweight

Do not buy Panasonic they are the worst for the money

had my Panasonic 4 years with no problems it came with a free 5 year warranty
Love my lg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions