Best washing machine brand?

Posted 9th Nov
Looking to get a budget machine under 300 for the second home, would usually go for a Samsung in the 350-500 mark but it’s rented property. Tenants not always good with the house stuff so best go under 300
Anyone have experience with the brands that perform well in terms of reliability ?

Hoover, Hotpoint, candy or any of the other budget brands
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
I always buy from John Lewis and add warranty up to 5 years

Indesit Innex BWD71453WUK = £309 with 5 years cover. If there's an issue tenant just contacts JL with number left on side of machine.

Last one I bought was a Beko.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 9th Nov
What about washer recycle & installation?
Do you not pay for that ?
The flat is on the third floor not sure anyone would even pick up the old unit for free
BigStart09/11/2019 20:56

What about washer recycle & installation?Do you not pay for that ?

JL charge £20 to recycle. Money well spent to get the thing taken away from 3rd floor imho. The connection of £25 is down to you. If you've got easy access it's a 5 min job if you know what you're doing (remember to remove transit bolts). I let JL remove and install. (I also make sure JL have my mobile number because I've had issues in the past where they have told tenant there's an issue with the install when in reality there has not been). A tenant is quite likely just to turn JL away under those circumstances

Even @ £350 for 60 months peace of mind for a washing machine, it's under £6 per month and no upset tenant
As a landlord why don't you just fit what you would be happy with in your own home.....
themorgatron09/11/2019 21:23

As a landlord why don't you just fit what you would be happy with in your …As a landlord why don't you just fit what you would be happy with in your own home.....

Why would I fit a 500 pound Samsung machine in a rental with youngsters that will not treat it like their own.
Don’t have to replace the existing, works fine, just makes a bit too much noise so I offered to replace it.

300 pounds is a healthy Budget, will need to replace it again in 2/3 years as they don’t clean the filters & over use the machine doing a cycle for a pair of socks or tshirt so I been told
Sounds cheaper in the long run to properly vet your prospective tenants in future.
themorgatron09/11/2019 21:23

As a landlord why don't you just fit what you would be happy with in your …As a landlord why don't you just fit what you would be happy with in your own home.....

Why would a landlord need to do that? If a tenant is unhappy with the white goods on offer they are free to find another property to rent. It is in neither party's interest for the machine to be anything else other than reliable and I personally ensure it is economical to run.
BigStart09/11/2019 21:25

over use the machine doing a cycle for a pair of socks or tshirt so I been …over use the machine doing a cycle for a pair of socks or tshirt so I been told

More fool them as I presume they pay the electric and water bills
So which brands do you guys say it’s best to avoid like the plague?
BigStart09/11/2019 21:25

Why would I fit a 500 pound Samsung machine in a rental with youngsters …Why would I fit a 500 pound Samsung machine in a rental with youngsters that will not treat it like their own. Don’t have to replace the existing, works fine, just makes a bit too much noise so I offered to replace it.300 pounds is a healthy Budget, will need to replace it again in 2/3 years as they don’t clean the filters & over use the machine doing a cycle for a pair of socks or tshirt so I been told

I have had a landlord with a Miele washer/dryer. He would inspect it and personally clean filters etc. every so often on his inspection to ensure it wouldn’t have issues. Guess he would rather do that than keep replacing it. He was retired so looking after his properties was his pastime.

I have heard on here and also specifically on my thread about leaks to avoid the budget brands Hotpoint, Whirpool etc because they are prone to start fires.
We have a Zanussi here and it works fine. It does make a racket when spinning so it wouldn’t be good for you as you are replacing the current machine for this issue.
Edited by: "hearts22" 10th Nov
BigStart09/11/2019 23:22

So which brands do you guys say it’s best to avoid like the plague?

Avoid Hotpoint/Indeshit. Avoid Hoover/Candy

Beko are just about the best budget brand you can get imo.
.MUFC.10/11/2019 09:49

Avoid Hotpoint/Indeshit. Avoid Hoover/CandyBeko are just about the best …Avoid Hotpoint/Indeshit. Avoid Hoover/CandyBeko are just about the best budget brand you can get imo.

Not many options left based on that so only Beko ?!
What about bush or logik?
BigStart10/11/2019 10:29

Not many options left based on that so only Beko ?!

Blomberg are another half decent 'cheap' machine
hearts2210/11/2019 00:02

I have had a landlord with a Miele washer/dryer. He would inspect it and …I have had a landlord with a Miele washer/dryer. He would inspect it and personally clean filters etc. every so often on his inspection to ensure it wouldn’t have issues. Guess he would rather do that than keep replacing it. He was retired so looking after his properties was his pastime.I have heard on here and also specifically on my thread about leaks to avoid the budget brands Hotpoint, Whirpool etc because they are prone to start fires. We have a Zanussi here and it works fine. It does make a racket when spinning so it wouldn’t be good for you as you are replacing the current machine for this issue.

Zanussi is quality agreed, not easy to find one under 300
I’d also champion a Beko. I’ve got one in Spain and this brand is one of the most popular over there. Unfortunately over here we’re Brand snobs and that’s why they are often overlooked.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 10th Nov
appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/w…ins

This looks like a good deal ?

What do you think ?

I think 2 years warranty or is it just one ?
BigStart10/11/2019 12:22

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/wtg820m1b/beko-wtg820m1b-freestanding-washing-machine?wgu=272125_11527_15733883789628_c2a1fe54c9&wgexpiry=1581164378&utm_source=Offer%20of%20the%20Day&utm_medium=webgains&refsource=webgainsThis looks like a good deal ?What do you think ?I think 2 years warranty or is it just one ?

It clearly states 1 year warranty, and why black?

Also have you considered a washer dryer (the Beko I bought was a washer/dryer)? Again it's in both party's interest as clothes on radiators is unsightly and can have a negative impact on health of people and mildew in the property.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 10th Nov
OllieSt10/11/2019 13:58

It clearly states 1 year warranty, and why black?Also have you considered …It clearly states 1 year warranty, and why black?Also have you considered a washer dryer (the Beko I bought was a washer/dryer)? Again it's in both party's interest as clothes on radiators is unsightly and can have a negative impact on health of people and mildew in the property.

Ahhh thought Beko is standard 2 years my mistake
AO has an 8kg Beko washer for £199 or 9kg for £209 ao.com/l/w…=60
devinn10/11/2019 16:05

AO has an 8kg Beko washer for £199 or 9kg for £209 h …AO has an 8kg Beko washer for £199 or 9kg for £209 https://ao.com/l/washing_machines-1000--or--1100--or--1200_spin_speed-7--or--8--or--82e5--or--9_wash_load-beko-free_standing-white/1-3-4-6-9-17/1/?sort=aol_saleincvat&pagesize=60

Yeah very good value
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants