Best washing machine with a 5 year guarantee for £300-350

Found 24th Feb
Hi everyone

Can anyone help with a deal for a good washing machine delivered (hopefully with disposal of old one) for the above price range. Our one packed up today and I think the LG and samsung deals are gone. I would prefer samsung - although anecdotally on the site people have said LG has a lower failure rate?

Not fussed with any smart features - just want something reliable and reputable brand with the extended guarantee so pref. samsung i guess? and 7kg drum size is fine
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
I'm looking for an integrated machine at the moment. I found a brand called Blomberg which comes with a 5 year parts and labour warranty. It gets reasonable reviews on Which, and seems to be a brand exclusively available from local independent electrical retailers.

Blomberg with 5 year warranty
Edited by: "terriclarkfan" 24th Feb
LG runs to the 28th lg.com/uk/…nty

We got a LG worked fine so far
Think candy has five year guarantee
Bosch series 4 , 10 year warranty (not sure if its the motor only, but not much else to go wrong %).... 'EcoSilence Drive™: extremely energy-efficient and quiet in operation with a 10-year warranty'.

'Bosch Serie 4 WAN24100GB 7kg Load, 1200 Spin Washing Machine With EcoSilence Drive™ - White
Was £399.99 Now £359.99
Save £40.00' @ Very. Plus if you don't have an account with them, they have offers and discounts when you join (not sure what the current one is, but usually 10% discount on first order).
mrty11 m ago

Bosch

The guy who posted in the LG machine said boss isn't great because it's a sealed unit and can't be repaired.?
dasachmo10 m ago

The guy who posted in the LG machine said boss isn't great because it's a …The guy who posted in the LG machine said boss isn't great because it's a sealed unit and can't be repaired.?

I've had a Bosch for 10 years now without issue. The one I linked has a 10 year manufacturers warranty - obviously they have confidence in their product. And if it goes wrong after 10 years and a day you've had your moneys worth. You are always going to get opinions, good and bad. Check out all the review sites it's the best way to choose.
Bosch are part of BSH. Neff are the entry model, Bosch next and then Siemens.

Go for part of the BSH or Miele if you can afford it.
would it not be better to buy a cheaper machine for ~£190 then buy another one if it breaks?
or buy a decent machine with 2-3 years warranty knowing it will last 5 or 10

best washing machines on which!
Bosch WIW28500GB 82%
LG FH495BDS2 82%
Samsung WW80J6410CW OR Samsung WW80J6410CX 82% (one of the cheaper of the top ones)
Edited by: "mattsk" 25th Feb
I have a cheap daewoo dwd-m12ck. It has been incredibly good had it well over 7years and it's gets used daily. Sometimes twice daily. Still no noises or anything.
it was only around £200 mark when I got it if that.
Bosch. Don’t bother with any other brand. Bosch machines are solid and workhorses. Other brands may be cheaper but will cost you loads in servicing!
dasachmo12 h, 33 m ago

The guy who posted in the LG machine said boss isn't great because it's a …The guy who posted in the LG machine said boss isn't great because it's a sealed unit and can't be repaired.?

Only MIele don't do sealed drum units, everyone else does.

The sealed drum unit ensures people either have to replace the drum or replace the washing machine.
It doesn't profit manufacturers to produce things that last, thus machines are now built to fail.

That makes your warranty the most important thing when it comes to buying.

You will hear people saying 'I've got a so and so and it's lasted x years' - ignore it, older machines were built to last, newer machines are now built to fail.

Whichever machine you buy, make sure you get a good warranty.

Hth.
thanks for the advice trn2help

Our one is a 7 year old panasonic We can turn it on, all works fine but the machine doesn't spin / the drum doesnt turn. I've opened it up, the belt is intact but just not turning so may be the motor? It's coming up as h07 error which says that the there is a error with the motor or pcb. I'm leaning to the motor rather then pcb as it turns on okay BUT looking at the price of repairs and calling someone out - its just better to buy another one.
Im going to have a look and try and order today - I take the anecdotal my unit lasts for ages with a pinch of salt - tbh i can see how the newer ones are not build as strong however Im looking for one /a brand with a good guarantee and manufacturer support if/when it goes wrong!
mrty16 h, 6 m ago

I've had a Bosch for 10 years now without issue. The one I linked has a …I've had a Bosch for 10 years now without issue. The one I linked has a 10 year manufacturers warranty - obviously they have confidence in their product. And if it goes wrong after 10 years and a day you've had your moneys worth. You are always going to get opinions, good and bad. Check out all the review sites it's the best way to choose.

Older Bosch models are different to modern Bosch models with closed units.
davewave50 m ago

Older Bosch models are different to modern Bosch models with closed units.

Yes, agreed to some degree. However this Bosch has a 10 year warranty, so they must have confidence in its build quality.
mrty1 h, 30 m ago

Yes, agreed to some degree. However this Bosch has a 10 year warranty, so …Yes, agreed to some degree. However this Bosch has a 10 year warranty, so they must have confidence in its build quality.

True.
The bosch warranty is only on the motor i think. Its 2 years on the rest
dasachmo13 h, 59 m ago

thanks for the advice trn2helpOur one is a 7 year old panasonic We can …thanks for the advice trn2helpOur one is a 7 year old panasonic We can turn it on, all works fine but the machine doesn't spin / the drum doesnt turn. I've opened it up, the belt is intact but just not turning so may be the motor? It's coming up as h07 error which says that the there is a error with the motor or pcb. I'm leaning to the motor rather then pcb as it turns on okay BUT looking at the price of repairs and calling someone out - its just better to buy another one. Im going to have a look and try and order today - I take the anecdotal my unit lasts for ages with a pinch of salt - tbh i can see how the newer ones are not build as strong however Im looking for one /a brand with a good guarantee and manufacturer support if/when it goes wrong!

I had a similar problem with my zanussi and we couldn't for the life of us figure it out. Turned out the plug had fused to the socket somehow and my dad bless him had only turned it off not unplugged it when taking it apart. Changed the plug and and socket and it worked fine after that. Unlikely you have the same issue but do check if you haven't already.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants