Best Water Filter Jug! 20-60 budget

Posted 28th Oct
Hi all

Would love your help on this.
Been living in london for 2 years, always buying 5L bottles of water from the super market which is costing me about 3£ a week on average.

Just realised it’s so bad for the environment all the plastic even though it’s all going to recycling so decided to go for a Good water filter.

Did some quick research & zerowater seems like a good option with 5 stage filtration, it’s fairly expensive compared to other filters but within my budget.

Would really appreciate some help from people with experience!

Thanks

Rob
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Just get a Brita jug and filters (or a compatible one from a supermarket).
This is what i bought 👂lier this year .
38818223-FHseC.jpg .
what is wrong with tap water?
My mum loves her zero water filter zero water
AMaky28/10/2019 17:24

Nothing once you've put it through a filter jug, you'll be able to taste the difference.
Plus you can get 15% off Robert days at the moment
Recently I've purchased the Aqua Optima Liscia Filter Jug with 60 Day Cartridge and a pack of Aqua Optima Evolve 60 Day Water Filter - 4 Pack. The water is much softer and more pleasant. There are loads of deals which come and go.
AW007928/10/2019 17:23

This is what i bought 👂lier this year . [Image] .

That’s a good option long term filters are very cheap ?! How does it taste ? Did you notice a difference ?
AMaky28/10/2019 17:24

Not good in london very hard
sunsetsarah9021028/10/2019 17:34

My mum loves her zero water filter zero water

It’s the best in terms of filtration but it seems to be too good as it removes all the good minerals to, water becomes so pure that it’s actually not recommended for tea or coffee as it’s too clean

robertdyas.co.uk/zer…jug
This is a good deal for 2.7L at 26pounds
Edited by: "BigStart" 28th Oct
BigStart28/10/2019 18:22

That’s a good option long term filters are very cheap ?! How does it taste …That’s a good option long term filters are very cheap ?! How does it taste ? Did you notice a difference ?

Yes .
Aqua jug and filters.
Been using them for over 5 years now.
Make sure you get the evolve version as you can get a 2 year supply of filters for £25.99 on eBay 162077242349.
Works out at £0.25p a week for filtered water.
bigwheels28/10/2019 20:16

Aqua jug and filters.Been using them for over 5 years now.Make sure you …Aqua jug and filters.Been using them for over 5 years now.Make sure you get the evolve version as you can get a 2 year supply of filters for £25.99 on eBay 162077242349.Works out at £0.25p a week for filtered water.

So cheap ?! You sure those filters do anything?
That’s just way too cheap
Why don’t you just fit a 10” cartridge filter kit in the cold water tap that’s just going to be used for drinking water, that’s what I did about 10 years ago and just buy carbon filters that need changing every 6 months.

You can get the kits from your local plumbers or wherever you want and then the filters are reasonably priced on eBay, I managed to get a box full which worked out at £1.99 each last time I bought them.

I think that they were 5 micron but without checking in the cupboard I wouldn’t like to swear to it!

Anyway it’s just a lot easier than using the jug and filters method where you are committed to whatever the price is this week or month and looking for the best deals on them, just a lot less hassle.
BigStart29/10/2019 01:13

So cheap ?! You sure those filters do anything? That’s just way too cheap

I live in a hard water area, high lime scale.
You can taste the difference.
Plus you can see the difference in the kettle.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants