Groups

Best way of closing deal for swappin items for sale

Ladies and Gent, what is the best and safest way to exchange item of sale and money transaction. If I want to exchange my item for sale for someone else item and money then what would you guys recommend. Please advice

Regards

6 Comments

depends on the feedback, but i would make sure the money was sent to you then send the items at the same time!

Banned

if they have more feedback than you send your item recorded then on receipt they will send you their item recorded and paypal you the money

or whatever you are comfortable with

Original Poster

I am exchanging my one electronic item for the other party's electronic item plus cash from them. I have more reputation on this site then them but the user is registered since 2008 on this forum

Banned

BIKEFREEDOM;8545545

I am exchanging my one electronic item for the other party's electronic … I am exchanging my one electronic item for the other party's electronic item plus cash from them. I have more reputation on this site then them but the user is registered since 2008 on this forum

reputation is not the same as feedback. i see that you have no feedback points.

who is the other party? you can check their feedback by clicking to their profile then hitting the feedback tab http://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/BIKEFREEDOM/feedback

here is masterruckus' feedback (for example) http://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/masterruckus/feedback

Banned

i'm going to sleep now but you should read the For Sale / For Trade rules and if you are still not happy contact a mod using "contact us" at the bottom of the page

FS/FT Rules: hotukdeals.com/ite…-gu

especially this bit:

[SIZE=3]
    SUGGESTED GUIDELINES FOR BUYERS
    [/SIZE]

(1) Check the traders HUKD trading feedback. Please read details posted here: ][COLOR=Blue]HUKD FS/FT feedback [/COLOR]

(2) Outside of this you can use the poster's eBay feedback to establish some kind of trust level. If you do so make sure you contact the user through eBay to make sure the account they state as theirs is indeed theirs.

(3) Use PayPal. We would recommend only buying from Verified PayPal Members. You can see this status on the second PayPal screen when you go to make a payment, you do not have to complete the payment to view this. PayPal is far from perfect but at least it gives you the chance of recourse if things go pear shaped.

(4) Receive and validate the following information:[LIST=1]
    [*]Landline telephone number Make a CALL to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    [*]Name and address including postcode
    [*]Valid e-mail address.
    [*]Make a small payment to and from each other to validate the PayPal e-mail address.[/LIST]*PayPal Advice:
    If paying by PayPal's 'Gift' option to save on fees, you won't be able to raise a regular dispute with PayPal if a transaction goes wrong. For protection make a normal payment and pay the fees...

(5) If possible, collect and pay for items in person.

][COLOR=Blue]User Feedback[/COLOR]

Caveat Emptor. Do NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself. This forum is equivalent to a newspaper's classified section, HotUKDeals is not responsible for and does not vouch for any listings or sales/trades in this forum! Use your head, follow the guidelines, evaluate the risk and make your own decision.

][COLOR=Blue]Royal Mail Website[/COLOR]

Original Poster

Thank you for your reply. Very helpful
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions