Best way of converting/scanning photo slides to digital images

Found 29th Dec 2009
Happy holidays crew,

A friend of mine has found stacks of old photo slides over the xmas period and wants to convert them all to digital images. I've seen that '35mm film and slides' scanners are available on ebay for £40-50, though all seem to be from the US.

What's the best method of taking care of this, besides sending them to someone who already owns hardware for doing it?

Thanks for the advice!

3 Comments

think what u seen on ebay is the best kinda thing for the job, i think maplin sell them but for about £70 last time i checked

Original Poster

numptyj;7359028

think what u seen on ebay is the best kinda thing for the job, i think … think what u seen on ebay is the best kinda thing for the job, i think maplin sell them but for about £70 last time i checked

Thanks, just taken a look on Maplin myself and have seen they do B-grade for £39.99 delivered: maplin.co.uk/Mod…ule

Anyone offer any comments on the item in that link? Although it will be mostly slides that are getting scanned, the support for negatives would be useful too.

Also this: £39.99 maplin.co.uk/Mod…ule

i boughty a similiar device from ALDIs few months back for same job and it seems to work well.you do lose some detail but its easy to use :o)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Wireless headphones22
    2. WHAT HOT TUB OR WHIRLPOOL BATH IS THIS?!22
    3. Whey protien618
    4. Driving anxiety.2429

See more discussions