best way of getting rid of residual smoke from house

12 replies
Found 16th Apr
I don't smoke but hubby does and I hate the smell of smoke ... any proven ways of getting rid of smell fairly quick?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Kick him out the house oO I feel sorry for anyone that has to put up with that.

Divorce the hubby?

Kick him out in the garden or make him smoke out the window. I smoke and my wife smokes i hate smoking trying to give up anyway but we smoke out the window or on the balcony not having my place stinking of smoke.

get him to smoke outside or open the window while he is smoking. explain that the smell makes you feel sick. i find the smell of cigs make me choke. i am not aware of any way to get rid of the smell of smoke.

mutley1

get him to smoke outside or open the window while he is smoking. explain … get him to smoke outside or open the window while he is smoking. explain that the smell makes you feel sick. i find the smell of cigs make me choke. i am not aware of any way to get rid of the smell of smoke.

The only way is to smoke outside and close the door or head fully out of the window and puff upwards holding the cig at arms length i know i'm a expert X)

I also hate cigarettes,I made sure i selected a non smoker partner in the first instance.As passive smoking is bad for your health.

True HEPA air filter or extractor fan

Flush all his fags down the khazi.
Smoked and unsmoked.

If someone in your house has asthma, smoking should be banned . Send them to the bottom of the garden. If he gets windswept and soaked often enough he may quit .

My hubby and his parents used to chuff away on fags together in one room. I used to get ill alot. I made them all take their smoking outside as my lungs were getting really weak. When we started having kids he wasnt allowed to hold her till he changed his smelly clothes etc. Eventually he gave up. I wont allow ecigs in my house from the inlaws either.

Febreze on furniture and scented candles, open windows but they're all just short term solutions and mask the smell, as long as he still smokes in the house, the nicotine builds up and the only way to get rid of it completely is to clean everything down (sugar soap on paintwork etc, repaint). I come from a family that smoked heavily in the house and I can't stand the smell of it. My son has to sit out in the rain at the end of the garden and my daughter gets all her clothes in the washing machine the minute she comes in after staying at her friends.

Stop the smoking.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions