Best way& place to unlock & debrand a Nokia e71 on 3 network?

6 replies
Found 2nd Dec 2009
As title. I recently bought this phone off someone & wanted to know best place or procedure. Or is it possible to unlock for free?

1. Misc
  2. Nokia
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Nokia
6 Comments

I think 3 handsets can only be unlocked by 3 or by cable at a phone shop.

You can unbrand your self. Find a prog called NSS, find the product codes for the e71, use NSS to change the product code to an unbranded model and update the firmware using the Nokia updater (from the Nokia site) and you're done.

NSS b-phreaks.co.uk/NSS…htm

E71 product codes nokiae71.wordpress.com/200…71/

I think you'd need a 3 payg sim as they'd take the cost of the unlock from the credit on it. There are free 3 sims around, but you'd need to call them first to be sure. . .

No calcs direct unlock £10 to £20 no freebie or ring '3'

spitroast

Original Poster

spit roast;7081966

No calcs direct unlock £10 to £20 no freebie or ring '3'spitroast

cheers for the info. much appreciated. so a market store that unlock phone could possibly unlock it then? thanks :thumbsup:

Looks like the E71 can be unlocked via cable so a decent unlocker on the local market or independent phone shop should be able to sort it out.
If they're really expensive, ]this website unlocks your model of phone for £15 including return postage (but obviously, you'd have to pay the cost of sending it in via insured post)..

That site also offers other DIY methods such as unlocking the phone remotely via connection to an unlocking server but "credits" (you need to buy credits to access the server) cost quite a lot.. £25 i think..

iainbain;7082520

cheers for the info. much appreciated. so a market store that unlock … cheers for the info. much appreciated. so a market store that unlock phone could possibly unlock it then? thanks :thumbsup:

Yea should be able if you get stuck i will do it for you if you like for free of charge

spitroast
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)95193
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427914639
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4594788
    4. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't513

See more discussions