Groups

best way to clean ipad screen and shell?

Hi

How do i clean the iPad screen? I've been using it for a month and it's really mucky with finger prints. can anyone reocmmend me a cleaning kit?

can't find anything on apple website, don't want to ruin the coating on the screen.

17 Comments

The coating on the screen is very robust. Alcohol is always good to clean screens.

We have cleaned ipad screens with various 'strong' chemicals, and never suffered any issues, so I wouldn't worry to much.

tft screen cleaner kits, can get in the pound stores

Original Poster

centurion01

tft screen cleaner kits, can get in the pound stores

you mean those wipes?

Glasses cleaner ;).

Microwave for 20 seconds

Wet kitchen roll tissue, works great

isopropyl alcohol, 99.9% purity. used by electronic engineers to clean electronic bits.
    Cleaned and sanitised my phones like that for ages.
    I use a small spray bottle and a tissue.
    Also repaired my old iPhone button which wasn't working for years, by purring some alcohol behind and pressed it a few times. iPhone 4 users knows why. Magic.

monitor screen wipes, cheap off ebay, that's what I use for my TV phones, ipads etc, tubs of 100,

Pentax lens cloth, can be used on cameras screens and glasses, no chemicals, can be washed when dirty and comes in a variety of patterns and colours, just breath onto what needs cleaning and wipe the grease/dirt off.

I have been using them for over 20 years.

You need a good quality matte anti-glare (no mucky fingerprints) screen protector. I put these on all tablets and phones I've ever owned. No need for anything else, then you occasional wipe with a microfibre cloth. You can buy from eBay for less than £3.
    The best matte anti-glare screen protectors I've ever used cuts out 90% of grubby fingerprints.

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 23rd Oct 2016

glass cleaner

WestMidlands

HiHow do i clean the iPad screen? I've been using it for a month … HiHow do i clean the iPad screen? I've been using it for a month and it's really mucky with finger prints. can anyone reocmmend me a cleaning kit?can't find anything on apple website, don't want to ruin the coating on the screen.

Don't listen to most of comments here on this thread, use this official Apple cleaning instruction support.apple.com/en-…172

splender

Don't listen to most of comments here on this thread, use this official … Don't listen to most of comments here on this thread, use this official Apple cleaning instruction https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204172

​I work in a hospital, we use ipads in a clinical setting, if we followed Apple guidelines, they would be a serious infection risk.

We clean with some serious chemicals, we use lifeproof nuud cases which make ipads submersible, yet leaves the screen uncovered. We could not have any screen protection due to the harsh regular cleaning damaging any screen cover.

They are cleaned several times a day, and have been used for about 2 years, we have over 600 within the hospital. We have no had one single unit damaged by any chemical used by anyone.

Use alcohol, use water and washing up liquid, use whatever cleaning solution you wish, the glass will be unaffected.

wipe it on the curtains like everything else

Original Poster

Robj1

​I work in a hospital, we use ipads in a clinical setting, if we followed … ​I work in a hospital, we use ipads in a clinical setting, if we followed Apple guidelines, they would be a serious infection risk. We clean with some serious chemicals, we use lifeproof nuud cases which make ipads submersible, yet leaves the screen uncovered. We could not have any screen protection due to the harsh regular cleaning damaging any screen cover. They are cleaned several times a day, and have been used for about 2 years, we have over 600 within the hospital. We have no had one single unit damaged by any chemical used by anyone.Use alcohol, use water and washing up liquid, use whatever cleaning solution you wish, the glass will be unaffected.

What do you use exactly at the hospital then?

WestMidlands

What do you use exactly at the hospital then?

​Clinell wipes for every day standard wards, hydrogen peroxide vapour has also been used, as well as soap and water etc..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions