Expired

best way to clean up upvc window frames (bring them back to life / like new)

Found 4th Feb 2013
hi im after the best way to clean up upvc window frames (bring them back to life / like new) whats your advice?
thanks

Moved to Ask - HeroDeveloper
Community Updates
AskCleaningWindows
12 Comments
Jif or Cif or whatever its called , cheapest option , don't use solvent on old windows
Go to somewhere like toolstation/screwfix and buy a bottle of ....UPVC cleaner!! (It smells like pear drops)
Spray onto a clean soft cloth and just rub over the frames.
It will remove dirt and grime, and is excellent at sticky stuff round the house too.
I've found that dettol anti-bacterial cleaner works a treat... found out by accident while cleaning the kitchen and now use it for the kitchen windows/frame too
sugar soap works very well
batterme

Go to somewhere like toolstation/screwfix and buy a bottle of ....UPVC … Go to somewhere like toolstation/screwfix and buy a bottle of ....UPVC cleaner!! (It smells like pear drops)Spray onto a clean soft cloth and just rub over the frames.It will remove dirt and grime, and is excellent at sticky stuff round the house too.

don't do this , solvent is useless with old frames , use cream cleaner
goldmax

don't do this , solvent is useless with old frames , use cream cleaner

OP didn't say they are old, just asked how to clean.
I've had excellent result with UPVC cleaner. That being said I haven't tried cif.
I use cream cleaner on mine,the own brand one from Sainsburys is the same as the branded stuff.
The people that install upvc windows ..always carry a bottle of cif cream cleaner for marks stains ect: Using this can take the shine off ..so after they are clean ..use car wax like auto glym ect; to seal plastic and bring the shine back !!
WD40
thanks everyone
WD40 !! .......Is it not BAD on plastics !!! ??
Cleans them and leaves them shiney!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants