best way to convert avi to dvd and burn as a dvd?

ive tried using winavi to convert the avi to dvd and burning with nero but the video stutters its unwatchable
ive also tried burnin the video_ts files onto disk as data and my dvd player cannot read the disk

7 Comments

Moved to Misc. Feedback is for HUKD-related comments, queries and suggestions only.

Use ConvertXtoDVD, available from the usual sources and remember to burn your DVD's at a slow speed.

I used a program called dvd santa, was pretty good. had a water mark at the bottom of the screen becuase it was the free version.
now a use the dvd writing tool that comes with win 7.

Gimme;7310453

Use ConvertXtoDVD, available from the usual sources and remember to burn … Use ConvertXtoDVD, available from the usual sources and remember to burn your DVD's at a slow speed.

+1 really easy and always perfect,

I used to use Nero Vision (I think thats what it was), But convertx is the mutts nuts

What sort of avi is it ?
There is the avi format like the one when you capture from a camcorder , uncompressed DV file ,this will be a
large file , then there is the compresed avi ,the likes of Divx and Xvid .You'll certainly know the difference by the file size , a Divx may be 750or 800mb for a 1and a half hour file in which case as suggested you would use
ConvertXtoDVD . The other avi you would import into a video editing program .I use the aformentioned program but for other formats I use Sonic DVDiT ,this is a DVD creator [authoring] program , add a background ,then add your video file ,any format .ie mpeg ,avi, wmv and it puts it straight onto disk perfectly .
Never had a problem with this program yet , but I've never tried it with divx or xvid files.

DVD Creator 3
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions