Groups

Best way to get from East Midlands Airport to Alton Towers

I'm going to Alton Towers in June, so could someone please advise on the best (cheapest probably) way to get from East Midlands Airport to Alton Towers.

8 Comments

Banned

Pay me and i'll take you in my car.
    Lol

Get a bus to Derby then bus to alton towers if your early or stoke if a little later]http//ww…rt/ Or hire a car.

if there is a few of you,hire a car

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5042337

Get a bus to Derby then bus to alton towers if your early or stoke if a … Get a bus to Derby then bus to alton towers if your early or stoke if a little later]http://www.altontowers.com/plan-your-visit/how-to-find-us/public-transport/ Or hire a car.

Yeh, or the skylink bus from the airport to the city and get a bus from Nottingham to AT. either way you're going out of your way to get back on track unless you taxi it.

H_K;5042351

Yeh, or the skylink bus from the airport to the city and get a bus from … Yeh, or the skylink bus from the airport to the city and get a bus from Nottingham to AT. either way you're going out of your way to get back on track unless you taxi it.

Bit out your way going back to Nottingham better off just heading to Derby. Also the one from Nottingham is only school hols and weekends I think.

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5042395

Bit out your way going back to Nottingham better off just heading to … Bit out your way going back to Nottingham better off just heading to Derby. Also the one from Nottingham is only school hols and weekends I think.

Maybe..but who wants to go to Derby :?:thumbsup: lol

Original Poster

Thanks for the help, rent a car it is.

get the skylink to notts train station, catch the train to derby, (about 28 mins) change at derby for uttoxeter( about 25 mins) then straight outside train station is a alton towers bus ,£4 fare for return,. drops you off right next to ticket booths near entrance gates, alot better than catching the bus from broadmarsh bus station
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions