Groups

Best way to get rid of a laptop

Ive got a Sony Vaio PCG-FR285M that i dont want anymore and am not sure what to do with. Was a pretty good piece of kit back in the day.
    Half the RAM has gone kerput! so only has a total of 256mb working. Also the O key is slightly dodgy.
    Should i just dispose of it or is there a thing people do with old computers?

Any advice is helpful. I kinda dont really feel like sending it to the scrap heap.

Specs:
    Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
    256mb Ram ( half give to memory at the mo) (one ram slot currently has a corrupt ram module in it but can be replaced)
    15" monitor
    CD-rw (had this replaced once by Sony - replacement doesnt work so well when computer over heats)
    3.5" floppy perfect working order

Im going to remove the HD (40GB IDE) as ive found a use for it.

Anyone still interested in it?

13 Comments

HUKD giveaway?

Take the screen out and use it for a portable xbox

You could all wait 7 days as this isn't a FS thread

eh why was my comment removed, I wasnt offering to buy it just saying what value I thought it was, and that I was possibly interested I wasnt saying I was making an offer as OP hasnt offered it for sale.

Banned

All offers removed. Confused re purpose of thread. Seems to indicate more than just a valuation thread.

To keep it simple, I've closed the thread here. You may relist in FS/FT after 7 days have elapsed.

Original Poster

Im going to post office tomorrow to see what postage would be.

I didnt think it belonged in the FS thread as i didnt think people would want to buy it lol
    Thanks for interest though people. If the concencus is that people want it then i'll move it to the FS thread.

Banned

You would be best breaking it and seeling the parts (hdd,ram,battery,charger,etc) on here or ebay?

Do a hukd giveaway

aScottishBloke

All offers removed. Confused re purpose of thread. Seems to indicate more … All offers removed. Confused re purpose of thread. Seems to indicate more than just a valuation thread.To keep it simple, I've closed the thread here. You may relist in FS/FT after 7 days have elapsed.

Ummm this isn't closed...or am I missing something?

aScottishBloke

All offers removed. Confused re purpose of thread. Seems to indicate more … All offers removed. Confused re purpose of thread. Seems to indicate more than just a valuation thread.To keep it simple, I've closed the thread here. You may relist in FS/FT after 7 days have elapsed.

My message wasnt an offer it was a valuation! anyway I think its not been locked due to the complications with the new system.

Still not closed

sell it on ebay make it look better than it is (_;)

Original Poster

lottysdad08

You would be best breaking it and seeling the parts … You would be best breaking it and seeling the parts (hdd,ram,battery,charger,etc) on here or ebay?

Sounds like i need to do some ebay research What fun

and like JACKIT99 says " make it look better than it is" and ignore the subsequent negative feed back haha Cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944507
      2. What would be HELL to you?2530
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767337
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.55

See more discussions