Groups

Best way to get smoke smell out of a car?

Got a car, and the people before smoked in it.

Ive got a air freshener in it, keep spraying it with fabreeze and oust trying to get rid of it.

Anyone got any ideas on the best way to get rid of it?

19 Comments

white vinegar in a saucer on the floor overnight, is meant to help.

Baking soda on the chairs, overnight, then hoover it off.

Go to a car valeter who has an ozone machine, they will get shut of the stunk for ever.

go to the fish stall and buy 3 kippers, place them 1 each on the drivers and passenger seat and then 1 on the back seat, hey presto no more cigarette smell! :thumbsup:

It's in the fabric so get that prof cleaned..

Neutradol Car Freshener is brilliant IMHO

Original Poster

chunky;6178068

It's in the fabric so get that prof cleaned..

Would if i could afford it.

Need cheap things, how much is the going rate for a decent clean of a car?

Am hoping spraying fabreeze into the seats will get rid of it. Nearly through a bottle already.

the__mayster;6178094

Would if i could afford it.Need cheap things, how much is the going rate … Would if i could afford it.Need cheap things, how much is the going rate for a decent clean of a car?Am hoping spraying fabreeze into the seats will get rid of it. Nearly through a bottle already.

only about 30 quid, cheaper if you ask for only inside done.

how much are you spending on cleaners?

the__mayster;6178094

Would if i could afford it.Need cheap things

ChipSticks;6178016

white vinegar in a saucer on the floor overnight, is meant to help.Baking … white vinegar in a saucer on the floor overnight, is meant to help.Baking soda on the chairs, overnight, then hoover it off.

lots of solutions on ]google.
    The best suggestion I found was to get the car valeted by a company that have an ozone generator. the cheap option is to place ground coffee in trays around the car for a couple of days with the windows closed.

Try going 130mph down the motorway with all your windows open for about 1 hour....Should do the trick

Banned

has it got air conditioning? you can get air conditioning aerosols that you leave in the car for 15 mins while the air conditioning is running.

Original Poster

nlambert;6178138

Try going 130mph down the motorway with all your windows open for about 1 … Try going 130mph down the motorway with all your windows open for about 1 hour....Should do the trick

Think my little 1.4 206 wont go that fast, guess i could try it though :whistling:

I have only spent about £4 or so on the products i guess.

Will try the white vinegar idea.

Original Poster

lumoruk;6178154

has it got air conditioning? you can get air conditioning aerosols that … has it got air conditioning? you can get air conditioning aerosols that you leave in the car for 15 mins while the air conditioning is running.

It does, havent used it yet though. Are those the little stick on things.

Banned

the__mayster;6178164

It does, havent used it yet though. Are those the little stick on things.

no it's an aerosol :roll: like i said

you click it down and it sprays for 15mins or so while you have the air conditioning running

item number 310049467269

or halfords sell it

Good old fashioned elbow grease, a bucket of hot water and 1001 carpet shampoo, scrub down the seats, door cover's and headlining also boot cover anything fabric in the car.:thumbsup:

go through the car wash leaving all the windows open:thumbsup:

Take up smoking....that way you wont notice it..

:thumbsup:

grumpysi;6178632

Take up smoking....that way you wont notice it..

Those odour absorber gel air fresheners work but it might take a few weeks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions