best way to play music from ipod in car please

19 replies
Found 6th Nov 2010
last time i asked this (couple yrs back) ppl said best thing was an itrip. is itrip still the best thing....

thanks

(that itrip died from me not looking after it!)

19 Comments

Banned

learn to beatbox, saves on car battery too.

youtube.com/wat…1y8

/thread

bykergrove

learn to beatbox, saves on car battery … learn to beatbox, saves on car battery too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQc30kqq1y8/thread

troll

Car stereo with MP3/ USB/ iPod socket. Failing all of those, then iTrip or alternative brand still the best option.

i dno if its because of the brand, or area or something but i had an fm transmitter (belkin one) and ended up binning it, the signal was constantly terrible, and on the off-chance it was ever good, there was never a gap in the frequences that didnt get some sortof interference from other stations, unless i was doing it wrong id say they're waste of money

i ended up buying a 50p tape casette thing with an aux cable thing coming out ofit which you just plug in the ipod asif it were headphones and that worked fine, a bit .. tinny on the speakers if i had it too loud but otherwise great, would have saved me a tenner too had i knew about it earlier.. problem now though is the new car hasnt got a tape player

Original Poster

thanks guys.

think i will go with the itrip....never had a prob with frequency although did really devour the battery life on the ipod. muchas gracias!

Banned

Why not buy a car with an inbuilt ipod/iphone connector with on screen display and steering wheel controllers?

(Both of our new cars have BTW)

Sloth/Mod

markjohnson

troll

Oh dear..........sense of humour failure.

Troll must be the most overused pointless word to get used in the Misc.

Banned

lol lol lol

Banned

ODB_69

lol lol lol

Oi thought you had sent a mate request on ps3 and xbox... nothing found oh you tell such big fibs

Banned

dog_cop

Oi thought you had sent a mate request on ps3 and xbox... nothing found … Oi thought you had sent a mate request on ps3 and xbox... nothing found oh you tell such big fibs

I sent you one on xbl! not been on ps3 for a few days...it gets little use tbh. Same name on both?

youtube.com/wat…XAI
Edited by: "ODB_69" 6th Nov 2010

Original Poster

haha guv.....35quid on itrip or a new car....hmmm?

Original Poster

guv

Why not buy a car with an inbuilt ipod/iphone connector with on screen … Why not buy a car with an inbuilt ipod/iphone connector with on screen display and steering wheel controllers?(Both of our new cars have BTW)

what cars do have?

Banned

magicbeans

haha guv.....35quid on itrip or a new car....hmmm?

You said you were buying a new car did you not? It was the thing that swung what the missus wanted! (Would have been much cheaper if she'd kept her old banger and carried the iPhone around in the handbag I could have bought for her instead! LOOOOOOOL

magicbeans

what cars do have?

I bought her a cheapy run-around Hyundai i20 1.4 petrol Premium. Nice little cars....... and hopefully someone can now update their database. X) They do them in green apparently!

Obviously not the car you said you were after... but you did ask. X)

for you MB...

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/935/34ipodafricanstyle.jpg

lol

Banned

I use a cassette adaptor, its hard to find a quality one though. I found a Goodmasns one lying around the attic and that seems to be the best, the cheap crappy ones off eBay one of them gave low quality sound output for some reason and bad connection e.g. only left channel working with tempramental headphone jack.

Original Poster

haha love it numpty!

theres no cassette thingy hurley ..just disc thanks though

guv i said i might be getting a new car (fingers crossed around next yr....) and when i say new i actually mean a second hand one. we dont buy BRAND new cars.....hoping to twist his arm into getting a Q7 now i got the kids to fit inside it! but am a bit unsure as they are mahoosive and parking at school is really rubbish....but then they look so good....but are pricey to run..so many decisions...first need to see if we can afford it i guess!

Banned

numptyj

for you MB... lol

troll

I bought a FM transmitter and tape adapter for asda in the 2 for a tenner thing they had running on car acces. The fm transmitter worked great but drained the battery. I just use the tape adapter now which sounds decent enough for me.

Original Poster

thanks dcx but the one i got charges at the same time as goes in cigarette lighter which is good.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63685
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines21
    3. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    4. win free cash32

See more discussions