Groups

Best way to post an umbrella and bag

Banned
    My sister has just sold some of her old bags and umbrella's (all designer stuff like radley etc) What is the best way to post them

royal mail ?

couriers ?

Thanks in advance

10 Comments

i'd send it with a courier, you can set how much you want to insure them for , might work out cheaper too
    if you go via topcashback you can earn cashback too
    Edited by: "vinylandtrinkets" 7th Feb 2011

Original Poster Banned

vinylandtrinkets

i'd send it with a courier, you can set how much you want to insure them … i'd send it with a courier, you can set how much you want to insure them for , might work out cheaper tooif you go via topcashback you can earn cashback too

Thanks a lot

also is tere any couriers you suggest

Id go royalmail special delivery with £500 insurance already included. Any more can be added on cheaply.

callum84

Id go royalmail special delivery with £500 insurance already included. … Id go royalmail special delivery with £500 insurance already included. Any more can be added on cheaply.

+1

Original Poster Banned

callum84

Id go royalmail special delivery with £500 insurance already included. … Id go royalmail special delivery with £500 insurance already included. Any more can be added on cheaply.

thanks do you know how much this costs for say a bag

thanks

riteondeals

thanks do you know how much this costs for say a bag thanks

it depends on the weight of the items

riteondeals

thanks do you know how much this costs for say a bag thanks

For a 300g parcel it's approx £5.50 for next day delivery, you only get upto £500 compensation if it's just normal next day, it's £50 compensation if it's 9am (was just ready the T&C's) If you look online at royalmail.com you'll get the prices, if you have kitchen scales,package up the parcels and then weigh them and you can find out how much they'll be before you go to the post office

yes but royal mail dont always get a signature. parcel2ship is one i'd recommend op, prices start from £6.49 insured up to £500.
    if its high end item on ebay id use a courier to ensure you have a signature. remember the buyer can always pull a fast one if they didnt sign with the postman
    Ive just used these guys to ship a record player , they got the signature and my buyer tried to claim via ebay/paypal that he hadnt received the item, emailed them both proof of signature and they closed the case
    Edited by: "vinylandtrinkets" 7th Feb 2011

Never really noticed that about the signature. Just checked tracking for 2 SD items I received last week and both are showing as waiting for me at sorting office when I had them delivered to my door.
    Thanks for heads up

vinylandtrinkets

yes but royal mail dont always get a signature. parcel2ship is one i'd … yes but royal mail dont always get a signature. parcel2ship is one i'd recommend op, prices start from £6.49 insured up to £500.if its high end item on ebay id use a courier to ensure you have a signature. remember the buyer can always pull a fast one if they didnt sign with the postmanIve just used these guys to ship a record player , they got the signature and my buyer tried to claim via ebay/paypal that he hadnt received the item, emailed them both proof of signature and they closed the case

callum84

Never really noticed that about the signature. Just checked tracking for … Never really noticed that about the signature. Just checked tracking for 2 SD items I received last week and both are showing as waiting for me at sorting office when I had them delivered to my door.Thanks for heads up

your welcome hun, Royal mail are getting worse every day. When i sell stuff on ebay now if its over £15 its going with a courier, there are some really cheap good ones around, ifs its under i will chance the royal mail but only recorded delivery or international signed for, as long as theres a signature , anything overseas is via a courier now. far to many scammers on ebay these days and sellers are getting it big time, ebay/paypal dont care, so its not worth the risk
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …99190
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846286
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30119
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764508

See more discussions