Best way to reheat fried chicken?

Found 15th Feb
Hi, what is the best way to reheat fried chicken, other than the microwave. Is it safe, I've googled and found mixed opinions. I normally reheat fish and chips in the oven. Would it be the same?

thanks.
Community Updates
AskGroceries
12 Comments
I reheat it in the microwave, Why don't' you like to reheat in a microwave? Of course all this depends on how old the food is I would not reheat chicken if it had gone past 24 hours, and personally I may reheat fish an hour later but anything after that I would bin it.
SOUTHWALES3 m ago

I reheat it in the microwave, Why don't' you like to reheat in a …I reheat it in the microwave, Why don't' you like to reheat in a microwave? Of course all this depends on how old the food is I would not reheat chicken if it had gone past 24 hours, and personally I may reheat fish an hour later but anything after that I would bin it.

The skin of the chicken gets soggy, Same as fish and chips. till I put fish and chips in the oven, it gets nice and crispy
Reheat it in the centre of the oven.
I reheat chicken all the time - in the microwave, in the oven, in a frying pan, wok, etc. etc. Often longer than after 24 hours without any issues whatsoever.
Stick the chicken on a plate, stick in the microwave on half power until very hot. Then transfer to baking tray and place in the middle of a very hot oven until crispy.
Don't muck around with this kind of food bud and that includes fish!
WheresMeNuts45 s ago

Stick the chicken on a plate, stick in the microwave on half power until …Stick the chicken on a plate, stick in the microwave on half power until very hot. Then transfer to baking tray and place in the middle of a very hot oven until crispy.Don't muck around with this kind of food bud and that includes fish!

Forgot to add that you should cling film the chicken for the microwave.
I heard reheating any meat is bad also I just read a article in the paper processed foods possibly the cause of cancer
Splice1 h, 1 m ago

I heard reheating any meat is bad also I just read a article in the paper …I heard reheating any meat is bad also I just read a article in the paper processed foods possibly the cause of cancer

Have you not heard. Everything is bad a causes cancer.

heat it in the oven it’ll be just the same as your fish and chips, put it on low so it doesn’t burn on the outside before it’s warm.
Splice1 h, 6 m ago

I heard reheating any meat is bad also I just read a article in the paper …I heard reheating any meat is bad also I just read a article in the paper processed foods possibly the cause of cancer

According to the Daily Fail, oxygen causes cancer.
Only reheat fish and poultry once after it’s been cooked otherwise bacteria can build up in the food causing food poisoning. Microwaves use radiation to make the water in the food vibrate to heat it up, conventional ovens are much better and I feel safer using these. Make sure food is piping hot throughout.
When reheating something which should be crispy I heat it in the microwave for a minute then finish it off in an air fryer. Tastes fantastic and the air fryer was worth it just for reheating crispy food.
Microwave.. kitchen paper towel on a plate, chicken on the plate, small cup of water in the middle of the plate, 2-3 minutes and job done.
Water stops the chicken skin from going all soggy and dried up
Edited by: "JamieScott" 15th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions