Best way to sell xbox digital games?

Posted 24th Sep
Here's the situation. I purchased an Xbox one which came with digital games. "No problem" I thought, sell them on ebay which makes my xbox one even cheaper. Here's the issue.

Some bright spark is constantly hacking accounts out there, and aiming for for digital games to fraudulently purchase the digital codes.

Of course 1st question comes in on eBay after the sale, "can I have my code now please". I would normally send that code straight across, but I was delayed taking the wife for a meal....then a case was raised against me to get the money back, cause it's a fraudulent purchase.

Now a simple repost of the game would normally suffice and resolve the issue. But this has happened 4 times!!! 4 times. Some geezer out there, is hacking accounts constantly and just aiming to get the digital codes by message with the hacked accounts. Claims are raised, but He gets away scott free with the digital codes by message. So I have a problem. I can't sell my digital games.... At all.... on ebay.

So where do you lovely people recommend to safely sell digital games. I read somewhere on here Facebook has a group apparently to safely sell digital games? Is that true? Any advice welcome.

Sorry for the life story and essay. All the best you lovely people.

StoneyWales.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
You can post the code with a tracking number so they can't charge back
deleted1410297
Avforums is the only decent place for this. Anywhere else someone will try have u over
Same happend to me and buyer sent me a message saying can i have my code, 1st time selling a code by the way. Straight away there was a claim raised, straight away!! How dodgy is that. I think some Ebay members do it themselves. It was £60 on a latest game. So I read online, post it tracked delivery so I did 3 days after the case opened and bingo! I won. Was really pleased I got my money back.
Buyer of course said he didn't, someone had made the payment without his knowledge!
Honestly you could try Cumtree or Sphock
Cash only, make sure it's real (probably just ask for plastic notes only since I don't think they can fake them for a good enough price to make money) let them know it's digital of course

This is probably the safest way but it may take awhile, don't listen to them if they say oh can we do PayPal

I heard Bank Transfers and Crypto Currency can't be reversed idk for sure
Edited by: "Norseg" 25th Sep
I use eBay mate - but always post and stress it won’t be sent via eBay message at all - I’ve never had issues as a result thankfully
I sold two 12mth Xbox live codes on AV forums, as it was my first time I had to send code before payment, just sell to someone with excellent feedback
I've sold a game pass code on here last year. I was happy to send code first but the person wh purchased, insisted on sending payment(bank transfer) first. You could sell on Facebook marketplace, I'd say 99% of young people have online banking these days and I think it's safer than actually some stranger popping to your house and handing over fake notes. I'm actually wanting to sell a few codes myself :/
Bargainbucket9125/09/2019 09:56

I've sold a game pass code on here last year. I was happy to send code …I've sold a game pass code on here last year. I was happy to send code first but the person wh purchased, insisted on sending payment(bank transfer) first. You could sell on Facebook marketplace, I'd say 99% of young people have online banking these days and I think it's safer than actually some stranger popping to your house and handing over fake notes. I'm actually wanting to sell a few codes myself :/

What game codes are you selling please
Sea of thieves, Minecraft and forza 3
Forza horizon 3
superscrooge25/09/2019 10:15

What game codes are you selling please

Sorry I forgot to put horizon
Oh I hoped you were going to say crash team racing, but these are good games and you might be able to sell them here on hukd
superscrooge25/09/2019 10:22

Oh I hoped you were going to say crash team racing, but these are good …Oh I hoped you were going to say crash team racing, but these are good games and you might be able to sell them here on hukd

We used to be able to sell on here, but they've stopped that now. AVForums seems a good option for me
StoneyWales25/09/2019 10:44

Yes, that's the 3 I'm hoping to sell

From the bundle from game?
Bargainbucket9125/09/2019 12:00

From the bundle from game?

No. I purchased the console from eBay when they had the 10% off. Managed to knock the console down to £118 brand new. Registered the xbox for warranty as well. Pretty good deal overall, even if it is for the digital xbox. Only wanted it as a second console to play gamepass games.
I've sold codes on eBay without issue. I write in the description that under no circumstances will the code be sent via eBay messages unless the person sends a picture of them holding a copy of their driving license up next to their face with a random word that I'll tell them. The drivers license details also need to match PayPal info. If they don't want to do that then the code will be sent via signed for delivery only. Even if they take you up on the photo offer and you send it via eBay messages, you still need to send the code via signed up delivery to be protected by eBay/paypal
I had one person send the photo and others just waited for the physical letter.

To be extra careful don't send the actual official ticket type item the code is written on. Instead just type it out on the computer, print that off and send that.

To be extra extra careful you can purposely miss out one number or letter on the printed paper you send them and ask them to message you for the extra letter/number as a security precaution. That way it proves that they received the letter.
Edited by: "jambone" 27th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants