Best way to send something on ebay?

3 replies
Found 12th Dec 2009
You were all so helpful last time I thought I would ask again. I want to sell something on ebay. I'm expecting it to sell for about £60. I would like to send it in a way that there is no comeback from anything. I would use royal mail with the special delivery but the parcel is about 1.3kg so would cost the buyer around £9. Would it be secure and acceptable to use collect plus or some type of courrier. I have usually just used recorded post but then found out that this is no good as it is not tracked. Thanks so much for your help

1. Misc
  2. Courier
3 Comments

If the buyer pays with paypal with item over £39, then the best thing would be special delivery in order to protect you - that is after all the main reason why you get it tracked - i.e. to protect you as the seller if it doesn't get there.
If the buyer makes a claim through paypal and you've not sent it tracked and insured to the required amount then paypal will refund the buyer everytime.
Another option is to state collection available - but again do not accept paypal for a collection item because buyer could make a paypal claim and you would not be able to prove delivery by tracked means (yes it happens quite a lot!!) So cash only on collection in my opinion.
You could also look into other courier like parcelforce 24 or 48. Collect+ would not be enough for paypal.
x

Original Poster

mummy22angels;7202489

If the buyer pays with paypal with item over £39, then the best thing … If the buyer pays with paypal with item over £39, then the best thing would be special delivery in order to protect you - that is after all the main reason why you get it tracked - i.e. to protect you as the seller if it doesn't get there. If the buyer makes a claim through paypal and you've not sent it tracked and insured to the required amount then paypal will refund the buyer everytime.Another option is to state collection available - but again do not accept paypal for a collection item because buyer could make a paypal claim and you would not be able to prove delivery by tracked means (yes it happens quite a lot!!) So cash only on collection in my opinion.You could also look into other courier like parcelforce 24 or 48. Collect+ would not be enough for paypal.x

Thanks that is what I was worried about. I just didn't know if parcelforce would be enough, I take it that it is tracked and would be accepted. I just want the cheapest and safest way for all

wookiemummy;7202657

Thanks that is what I was worried about. I just didn't know if … Thanks that is what I was worried about. I just didn't know if parcelforce would be enough, I take it that it is tracked and would be accepted. I just want the cheapest and safest way for all

Sorry for late reply, yes as far as I know, so long as you have a tracking number, that is all you need to proof to paypal - so parcelforce would be fine :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56534
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions