Groups

best way to set up 2.1 samsung speakers on ps3?

Hi ive just got some samsung HT-Q100 2.1 speakers and i want to conect it so i can have the speakers working when playing ps3 games,i am currently running the ps3 to my lcd tv via a hdmi cable,my new samsung speakers support hdmi and optical

any ideas?thanks

4 Comments

Has the ps3 got a optical output ? your speakers don't support hdmi the system does.

Original Poster

waterloo;1788138

Has the ps3 got a optical output ? your speakers don't support hdmi the … Has the ps3 got a optical output ? your speakers don't support hdmi the system does.

thats what i ment lol,yeh the ps3 has optical

HDMI carries video and sound & you say you have the PS3 connected to the tv via HDMI. I'm not sure exactly what the home cinema system set up is but it would seem to me that you need optical from your tv into the home system and assuming all the set up options are correct you will hopefully get HD video from the HDMI connection and your 2.1 sound via the Home System through the Optical audio sent from the PS3 HDMI via the TV.

Again not knowing the system you may need to alter the TV audio settings to allow the audio to be sent to the Home System in a format it can decode and play in it's intended format.

I have an av receiver - so much simpler. Sorry if I have it wrong.

Connect the ps3 to the samsung via optical :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764536
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.22
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …206570
      4. word association Game72844185

See more discussions