Groups

Best way to stream music, movies, etc. to my PS3?

as above?

Fast, no buffering smooth?

16 Comments

Tversity is a good option, not sure if it is the best though, certainly the best method of streaming movies/music on my 360,

tversity.com/

Original Poster

PS3 Media Server says my videos are corrupted so that's a no...

Original Poster

Scratch that don't think it does mp4 avi is smooth and fine

Original Poster

Double scratch that mp4s are also fine

I use Vuze works great

Banned

Vegito;7305758

http://tversity.com/

Yep, this is the best option.

If you want to buy software, Nero can do it too.

Original Poster

What features does that tversity have? This is seems to be fine ps3ms, let's me copy too, stays in the try on my laptop.

livingthelife07;7305853

I use Vuze works great

Yeah I also use Vuze, works great

DanJackson;7305854

Yep, this is the best option.

Another vote for TVersity here ! :thumbsup:

i just stream using media player and it works fine for me.

TVERSITY only option....and well supported

Original Poster

Anyone care to explain whats soo good about TVERSITY?

Banned

Met-Cast;7307536

Anyone care to explain whats soo good about TVERSITY?

yeah, I dont get the point either. I used to use it when the PS3 didnt have native divx support as tversity encodes it for the ps3. Now the ps3 plays most formats, then tversity is redundant as far as I know. Uses a lot of CPU (i.e. energy) needlessly.

I just view my PC video files through the ps3's media server and play them without any problems.

For MKV files, I just use mkv2vob to transcode them to mp4 which takes seconds.

Original Poster

csiman;7308605

yeah, I dont get the point either. I used to use it when the PS3 didnt … yeah, I dont get the point either. I used to use it when the PS3 didnt have native divx support as tversity encodes it for the ps3. Now the ps3 plays most formats, then tversity is redundant as far as I know. Uses a lot of CPU (i.e. energy) needlessly.I just view my PC video files through the ps3's media server and play them without any problems.For MKV files, I just use mkv2vob to transcode them to mp4 which takes seconds.

Thanks mate I don't see the whole idea anyway, it also has the whole youtube etc. but you get that on PS3 anyway?

Well thanks anyway ill stick to the ps3 media server because it does what I need it to do efficiently so im okay with it!

csiman;7308605

I just view my PC video files through the ps3's media server and play … I just view my PC video files through the ps3's media server and play them without any problems.

^^this
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55

See more discussions