Best Wine Gums flavour

Posted 7th Apr
3436978-uCS6o.jpg
With everything going on in the world right now I thought we should relax a little and have a debate over the best Wine Gums flavour to try and take our minds off it

The best flavour is blackcurrant. Agree or disagree? 💬 Comment below
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Red and black
29 Comments
I don’t like wine gums
The white one (grapefruit I think!)
Black ones are by far the best, worst .....green🤮
youldyboy07/04/2020 21:45

Black ones are by far the best, worst .....green🤮

I thought you said blackcurrant ones are the worst for a moment and I was going to say how?!

Green is apple right? Or is it lime? Can't remember the last time I had Wine Gums (although I have a packet of them coming with an online delivery next week)
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 7th Apr
andrewworrall107/04/2020 21:49

[Image]

Can we talk about jelly tots instead? because the purple ones of those are definitely the best, followed by green
ChelseaRae07/04/2020 21:50

Can we talk about jelly tots instead? because the purple ones of …Can we talk about jelly tots instead? because the purple ones of those are definitely the best, followed by green

Never heard of or had jelly tots. Unless it's another name for jelly beans / jelly babies?
andrewworrall107/04/2020 21:51

Never heard of or had jelly tots. Unless it's another name for jelly beans …Never heard of or had jelly tots. Unless it's another name for jelly beans / jelly babies?

No no no! 40341813-gzjnE.jpgThese things ^ where have you been living?!
ChelseaRae07/04/2020 21:52

No no no! [Image] These things ^ where have you been living?!

Never seen them in any shop, quite surprising seeing as it's a Rowntrees product. Maybe it just isn't as popular as the other Rowntrees products which explains why a lot of shops (in my area) don't sell them?
andrewworrall107/04/2020 21:53

Never seen them in any shop, quite surprising seeing as it's a Rowntrees …Never seen them in any shop, quite surprising seeing as it's a Rowntrees product. Maybe it just isn't as popular as the other Rowntrees products which explains why a lot of shops (in my area) don't sell them?

They’ve been around for years and years and years! But you must look out for them and try them
ChelseaRae07/04/2020 21:56

They’ve been around for years and years and years! But you must look out f …They’ve been around for years and years and years! But you must look out for them and try them

Whenever I next go essential shopping, but I would probably have more luck finding them to buy online. I don't remember seeing them at all. I also noticed in that image they're vegan (which is a good thing!), for that reason do they taste quite different to other jelly sweets?
andrewworrall107/04/2020 21:57

Whenever I next go essential shopping, but I would probably have more luck …Whenever I next go essential shopping, but I would probably have more luck finding them to buy online. I don't remember seeing them at all. I also noticed in that image they're vegan (which is a good thing!), for that reason do they taste quite different to other jelly sweets?

I don’t think so, they’re quite juicy tasting but you’ll have to let me know what you think
Love jelly tots...takes me back to my childhood in the 80s(y)
ChelseaRae07/04/2020 21:59

I don’t think so, they’re quite juicy tasting but you’ll have to let me kno …I don’t think so, they’re quite juicy tasting but you’ll have to let me know what you think

If I manage to get hold of some I'll try and remember to let you know is there a strawberry flavour? I hate strawberry flavour anything and everything so I will avoid that flavour
You mad man liking the blackcurrant, green ones all the way Haven’t had them in years unfortunately
Red and black
andrewworrall107/04/2020 22:01

If I manage to get hold of some I'll try and remember to let you know If I manage to get hold of some I'll try and remember to let you know is there a strawberry flavour? I hate strawberry flavour anything and everything so I will avoid that flavour

Yes the red ones are strawberry so avoid them! I’m sure you’ll find some, what part of the UK are you in? I grew up in Devon and could never get Nestle Crisp chocolate bars or spicy tomato Snaps crisps so always used to stock up when we went to visit family!
ChelseaRae07/04/2020 22:08

Yes the red ones are strawberry so avoid them! I’m sure you’ll find some, w …Yes the red ones are strawberry so avoid them! I’m sure you’ll find some, what part of the UK are you in? I grew up in Devon and could never get Nestle Crisp chocolate bars or spicy tomato Snaps crisps so always used to stock up when we went to visit family!

Ah, Snaps tomato? I've seen those in my local newsagent about a year ago Manchester (ish), I'll see if I can add some on my next online shop
black ones, all day, there’s no competition
I see that you've got a pic of Maynard's wine gums in your post.
They used to be my favourite of all the wine gums back in the day, but they changed them a few years ago. They are now really soft and not very pleasant.
Aldi wine gums are about a third of the price and taste like the old Maynard's ones used to.
As for my favourite, I think that it has to be the green ones.
Red and black, if I had to only pick on, prob black.
This is a slight tangent, but the Asda own-brand wine gums are really nice, not that I'm an expert on wine gums but I pick them up whenever I go there (which isn't that often). Really nice flavours and they're quite soft, not too chewy. Recommended.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 8th Apr
cainer108/04/2020 03:05

Comment deleted

Oh yeah, don't they also do a 'Sports Mix'?
Now you need some serious teeth to cope with them.
cainer108/04/2020 03:49

Comment deleted

Ah, I've got you.

I'm not a big fan of the liquorice ones though.
cainer108/04/2020 02:59

Comment deleted

I thought green was apple? And I'm almost certain red is strawberry so I always avoid the red because I hate anything strawberry flavour?
cainer108/04/2020 12:34

Comment deleted

I mean, I haven't had Wine Gums for ages so I can't remember the flavours properly.
andrewworrall108/04/2020 13:59

I mean, I haven't had Wine Gums for ages so I can't remember the flavours …I mean, I haven't had Wine Gums for ages so I can't remember the flavours properly.

Maybe you're thinking of Rowntree's Fruit Gums / Fruit Pastels? as the red ones are Strawberry with those
cainer108/04/2020 14:59

Maybe you're thinking of Rowntree's Fruit Gums / Fruit Pastels? as the red …Maybe you're thinking of Rowntree's Fruit Gums / Fruit Pastels? as the red ones are Strawberry with those

Possibly. I have a packet of Wine Gums coming with an order of Pepsi Max next week. Red is definitely raspberry? If so I'll have them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions