Expired

Best wireless broadband deal?

Found 11th Feb 2010
Hi, I'm looKing to get wireless broadband, but all I want is wireless broadband I don't want a phone line or tv package with this just the Internet on it's own, please could anybody tell me if this is possible and let me know what's the best deal and price around, thanks in advance, any info much appreciated

16 Comments

When I got O2 a coulpe of months ago they were the best deal at the time, because of the Quidco cashback. worked out about £6 a month for tonnes of usage, not a bad speed too.

Not sure if this is still the best out there.

Original Poster

Just looked at the o2 deal and it looks as though u need a bt land line for that, as I don't have and don't want any landline, wot I'm looking for is broadband installed without the need for a landline

Original Poster

Sorry but I've gota mobile broadband USB stick thing, and it's quite unreliable due to the 3g signal, that's why I want a wireless broadband with a router

Original Poster

Sorry people are misunderstanding me, see My post above

stanleyboy;7813830

Sorry but I've gota mobile broadband USB stick thing, and it's quite … Sorry but I've gota mobile broadband USB stick thing, and it's quite unreliable due to the 3g signal, that's why I want a wireless broadband with a router

A router connects to a cable coming into your house (ADSL phone line or Virgin cable).

A router cant just get to the internet out of "thin air", it has to connect to something, and what it connects to is a phone line or virgin cable via a wire.

A router is only wi fi between the router and your laptop, but what feeds it has to come in via a wire.

I believe you can get broadband via a satellite, but that is very expensive.

stanleyboy;7813867

Sorry people are misunderstanding me, see My post above

how are you going to use a router without a phoneline?

Original Poster

My ex's mum had wireless Internet but she never had a landline telephone.......... So it must be possible some how

guilbert53;7813887

A router connects to a cable coming into your house (ADSL phone line or … A router connects to a cable coming into your house (ADSL phone line or Virgin cable).A router cant just get to the internet out of "thin air", it has to connect to something, and what it connects to is a phone line or virgin cable via a wire.A router is only wi fi between the router and your laptop, but what feeds it has to come in via a wire.I believe you can get broadband via a satellite, but that is very expensive..

Very patient explanation.

stanleyboy;7813942

My ex's mum had wireless Internet but she never had a landline … My ex's mum had wireless Internet but she never had a landline telephone.......... So it must be possible some how

It is but its not legal and your neigboor might not be happy:p ,just kidding:-D

stanleyboy;7813942

My ex's mum had wireless Internet but she never had a landline … My ex's mum had wireless Internet but she never had a landline telephone.......... So it must be possible some how

Virgin cable?

You can get broadband into your house if you are on Virgin cable, without a phone line.

They LIKE you to take the phone as well, but if you insist you dont have to, just broadband.

But you still need a wire into your house.

Original Poster

guilbert53;7813992

Virgin cable?You can get broadband into your house if you are on Virgin … Virgin cable?You can get broadband into your house if you are on Virgin cable, without a phone line.They LIKE you to take the phone as well, but if you insist you dont have to, just broadband.But you still need a wire into your house.

Oh right, yeah that was it, I do remember it being with virgin, I will look into it, thanks for your help, I knew u could get it somehow, cheers again

virgin is pricey thou..... lol

Banned

crse2008;7814292

virgin is pricey thou..... lol

£15 for 10mb broadband, seems reasonable to be + £65 quidco

alexthekid;7815056

£15 for 10mb broadband, seems reasonable to be + £65 quidco

for the first 3 months then £20 :thinking:

Banned

crse2008;7815068

for the first 3 months then £20 :thinking:

oh yeah, thats strange its been cheaper than that before.

It was £18 at one point so I rang up and had a whinge as I was paying £25 and they reduced it for me.

Virgin are the only option for me as I dont have or ever want a landline phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …2131
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771809
    3. Quidco Highest Cashback Guarantee - Quidco will double the difference if yo…11
    4. How to send Items back to deal extreme?76

See more discussions