Best wireless earbud mic quality?

Posted 6th Jan
I have the Sony XM3s, which sound fantastic.

However, their mic quality is far below poor. Even in a quiet room, it is absolutely awful.

Are the Airpods 2 the best mic quality you can get? It would be nice to listen to music as well, and I know I will be disappointed going from over ears to earbuds, but I am hoping to actually make calls with my phone and not worry about shouting in public.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Are you sure yours aren't faulty? Mine are fine.

I wouldn't just Base it off one pair
AndyRoyd07/01/2020 00:39

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/need-bluetooth-earbuds-with-decent-mic-3379501

There’s literally one useful comment there and it’s “AirPod pro”

I don’t mind spending 250(prolly try and get it one ebay for 150) but the SQ isn’t gonna be anywhere near XM3 levels so I can’t listen to music AND take calls after
trojanh07/01/2020 00:41

There’s literally one useful comment there and it’s “AirPod pro”I don’t min …There’s literally one useful comment there and it’s “AirPod pro”I don’t mind spending 250(prolly try and get it one ebay for 150) but the SQ isn’t gonna be anywhere near XM3 levels so I can’t listen to music AND take calls after

Yup, that really is the blunt stand-out comment.
AndyRoyd07/01/2020 00:42

Yup, that really is the blunt stand-out comment.

I have a studio mic at home but can’t VOIP with my number.

I will try the AirPods at the Apple store (do they let you play with them?), if the voice records are good in noisy backgrounds I will buy them on the spot. Too many times I seem unprofessional shouting at the wind to get a bloody recruiter to hear me!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions