Best XBOX games

Posted 28th Jul 2020
hi
looking for inspiration... xbox one or compatible xbox 360 games , and Nintendo switch, for a 12y old.
his favorite games at the moment are SSB, roblox, pokemon sword, Minecraft , terraria. not that keen on zelda.
forza was fun. apex legends was OK.
enjoyed battlefront .did enjoy fifa but not anymore. it would be fair to say that games he plays online with his mates tend to be his first port of call.
so basically, in CEX, there are mostly 18 rated games like red dead, which he is not ready for yet.

so I'm interested in anything that is suitable for his age that will inspire and be fun. Good enough that he may well recommend his mates buy.

thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
you have gamepass?
jimhuf28/07/2020 12:23

you have gamepass?

No, but do have xbox gold so can play online?
josephobrien200028/07/2020 12:30

No, but do have xbox gold so can play online?

Game pass gives access to over 100 games so plenty of choice.. you can get a months trial of dashboard for £1 normally..
Controversial opinion here but Red Dead Redemption 2 is pretty slow and boring anyway.

Buy up another 2 years of Gold and add them to the account. Then upgrade to Games Pass Ultimate and it will convert all your existing Gold to GPU

Then it's like Netflix for games, loads of games just available to download including all Microsoft made games on the day they release.
xbox.com/en-…mes
Subnautica is a great game for you to try (free on game pass). My son likes same games and loved this.
Edited by: "mork-09" 28th Jul
As a big racing game fan, I recommend Dirt 3, Burnout Revenge, Split/Second, Wreckfest, Burnout Paradise Remastered, Midnight Club LA, Driver San Francisco. These are more arcade-style than Forza and are all really fun. Many of them are XB360 games but all the ones I mentioned are compatible with Xbox One.
Bargainhead28/07/2020 13:11

Game pass gives access to over 100 games so plenty of choice.. you can get …Game pass gives access to over 100 games so plenty of choice.. you can get a months trial of dashboard for £1 normally..

Thanks will take a look. But what games ? Its the game choice im uncertain with....
What he does play has been what his mates have recommended !!
I saw battlfront for just 4 quid in CEX and that was a good price and he liked the game, although not a big hit like roblox!
mork-0928/07/2020 13:55

Subnautica is a great game for you to try (free on game pass). My son …Subnautica is a great game for you to try (free on game pass). My son likes same games and loved this.

Thanks
m3racer12328/07/2020 14:16

As a big racing game fan, I recommend Dirt 3, Burnout Revenge, …As a big racing game fan, I recommend Dirt 3, Burnout Revenge, Split/Second, Wreckfest, Burnout Paradise Remastered, Midnight Club LA, Driver San Francisco. These are more arcade-style than Forza and are all really fun. Many of them are XB360 games but all the ones I mentioned are compatible with Xbox One.

Thanks. Project cars 2 and forza 3 and 4 we have. All good
So anything that is pocket money like that is colourful and great gameplay recommended .
josephobrien200028/07/2020 14:41

Thanks. Project cars 2 and forza 3 and 4 we have. All good

Forza 3 and 4 Motorsport, or Horizon? Horizon are more arcadey than the Motorsport ones.
josephobrien200028/07/2020 14:40

Thanks will take a look. But what games ? Its the game choice im uncertain …Thanks will take a look. But what games ? Its the game choice im uncertain with....What he does play has been what his mates have recommended !! I saw battlfront for just 4 quid in CEX and that was a good price and he liked the game, although not a big hit like roblox!

What you could do is just download different games and try, that’s the beauty it’s like Netflix for games, you can use on pc as well if you have one.

there might be a few games there he likes and wouldn’t normally buy or play..there’s plenty of choice. Metro exodus was a good game...

on Xbox game preview today is a game called grounded what looks fun. That’s a 12 I think. It’s free for now.
My kids love playing ark survival evolved (as long you only play single player or private server with friends its fine, its 16 rated because of sweary mouthed chavs online), its on game pass which is an absolute must imo for xbox. Think minecraft but with dinosaurs
Like @Bargainhead said, you just download a game and if you don't like it, you haven't lost out. If you do 2 years of Gold (at £40 per year) converted to GPU by the trial then it works out to £3.33 per month. (it will convert upto 36 Months of Gold into Game Pass Ultimate)

For that £3.33 you get access to 100s of games (currently ~234) and the MS ones the day they release, so Halo Infinite there on the day it comes out (which would normally be a £40+ game).

Games on there a 12 year old might like
Minecraft Dungeons, Untitled Goose Game, Streets of Rage 4, Hello Neighbour, Soul Calibre VI, Sunset Overdrive, Sea of Thieves, Rare Replay (especially Battletoads and the Banjo games), Overcooked 2, No Man's Sky, Enter The Gungeon, de Blob, Super Lucky's Tale.

You can also stream the games to Android/iOS devices
spruceyb28/07/2020 15:46

Like @Bargainhead said, you just download a game and if you don't like it, …Like @Bargainhead said, you just download a game and if you don't like it, you haven't lost out. If you do 2 years of Gold (at £40 per year) converted to GPU by the trial then it works out to £3.33 per month. (it will convert upto 36 Months of Gold into Game Pass Ultimate)For that £3.33 you get access to 100s of games (currently ~234) and the MS ones the day they release, so Halo Infinite there on the day it comes out (which would normally be a £40+ game).Games on there a 12 year old might likeMinecraft Dungeons, Untitled Goose Game, Streets of Rage 4, Hello Neighbour, Soul Calibre VI, Sunset Overdrive, Sea of Thieves, Rare Replay (especially Battletoads and the Banjo games), Overcooked 2, No Man's Sky, Enter The Gungeon, de Blob, Super Lucky's Tale.You can also stream the games to Android/iOS devices

Thanks for those tips on which games to buy - very useful.
Thanks all for the game tips. I'll look at that game pass thing too.
Sometimes has a few quid and goes into town..... CEX is good for the odd game. Any tips on xbox 360 games that are compatible with xbox one that are not 18rated ?
Post a comment
@
    Text