Groups

Best Xbox Live Gaming adsl modem/router?

Looking for thoughts on best Xbox live adsl modem router,have 2 xbox 360's connected at moment (own live accounts-1 wired, 1 wireless),a PC and laptop,Both xboxes account for most of the usage and i want them to have priority regarding connection,currently with talktalk , average usage is 30-35 gig a month, i currently have a zyxel prestige 600 modem/router ( and a spare zyxel one as backup),the zyxel does have a dedicated setting for giving xbox live priority but i am not sure exactly how much this helps as games can lag badly and disconnect, as i have had numerous problems with talktalk i am also considering changing broadband supplier but would like to get views ,no cable in my area so have to use an adsl ,preferably one box solution.Was going to order belkin below
    amazon.co.uk/Bel…8-8

But i noticed a lot of people on forums and reviews advising against belkin,(apparently doesnt like xboxlive) i have a budget of about £250 and just want a stable connection that can handle my needs above

5 Comments

Original Poster

bump...

I just have the normal Sky router that came with the connection and never have had any problems at all with live.

Original Poster

Syzable;6011048

I just have the normal Sky router that came with the connection and never … I just have the normal Sky router that came with the connection and never have had any problems at all with live.

still have that sky router under desk somewhere from my time with sky,(still locked to sky only)
    performed ok but got very hot and this was before i got 2 xbox 360's connected up as i do now.

Original Poster

final bump, anyone any thoughts on gaming modem/router?

Bully;6012543

final bump, anyone any thoughts on gaming modem/router?

I have mentioned it a few times on here but these below def work with 2 or more with a NAT OPEN STATUS ON 360 and NAT TYPE 2 on PS3

Belkin F5D7633-4 Ver 1245uk [ 2 ] or more [360's] [ps3's] using UPnP and DHCP in router with NO IP IN DMZ and using 360 / ps3 [Auto] assign IP in consoles. [using firmware 1.00.24 or 1.00.25]

D-Link DSL-G624M [ 2 ] or more [360's] [ps3's] using UPnP and DHCP in router with NO IP IN DMZ and using 360 / ps3 [Auto] assign IP in consoles. [Using firmware b02t09.20051212 or above]

ZyXEL Prestige 660HW-T1 [ 2 ] or more [360's] [ps3's] using UPnP and DHCP in router with NO IP IN DMZ and using 360 / ps3 [Auto] assign IP in consoles.

The dlink 634m which is just a router works as well if you have your own modem.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions