Best Xiaomi phone to go for?

Found 21st Jan
Now I know there's been many a discussion about buying off Chinese Web sites but I've bought a few things off gearbest never had any issues at all, so I'm now looking at getting myself a new phone & decided on a Xiaomi but which one, note 4 or the mi a1, can anyone help looking at around the £150/£170 tops, many thanks for any feedback.
Community Updates
AskElectronicsPhones
11 Comments
It depends on what you want, if you want stock Android and timely security updates like the Pixels go for the MI A1 if you require MIUI go for the Note 4.
I like the fact it's stock android that's taken care by Google, that's why it's took my fancy!
32gb or 64gb?
Go for the note 4 global version 4/64GB
I would prefer to get from AliExpress
I just had a xiaomi Redmi Note 4 global 4gb 64gb in black from geekbuying £141 delivered from Italian warehouse.

Purchased Wed, dispatched Thursday and delivered Friday.

Can be had cheaper from China but wanted it quick and without risk of customs charges.
ScubaDudes15 m ago

I just had a xiaomi Redmi Note 4 global 4gb 64gb in black from geekbuying …I just had a xiaomi Redmi Note 4 global 4gb 64gb in black from geekbuying £141 delivered from Italian warehouse.Purchased Wed, dispatched Thursday and delivered Friday. Can be had cheaper from China but wanted it quick and without risk of customs charges.

I got hit for my first Customs charge just before Xmas in around 10 phones from China. The customs and fee's didn't annoy me, you know your getting a great phone for good price. What did annoy me was the extra 2 weeks stuck in England the phone took to arrive at my door.

I'll take your point on board if/ when I need a new phone.
If you want stock android get the mi a1

If you want a 5.5 inch phone with miui get the redmi note 4 global

If you want a 5 inch phone with miui get the redmi 4x global (my choice due to size, unbelievably good phone and I'd happily pay a lot more than I did)

Which ever you buy, I suggest buying from Aliexpress due to their protection, personally I wasn't hit with any customs charges
Edited by: "dataload" 21st Jan
Anyone know what eglobal UK are like? And is that still shipped from overseas or a warehouse in the UK?
fluff4529 m ago

Anyone know what eglobal UK are like? And is that still shipped from …Anyone know what eglobal UK are like? And is that still shipped from overseas or a warehouse in the UK?

It's not UK and reviews are terrible but there have been some on here that's had no problems.
Think I'll stick with gearbest
deleted1336857
fluff4558 m ago

Think I'll stick with gearbest

Plenty of negatives about Gearbest on this site. I've not come across many negatives about banggood. TCB will give you approx tenner, they also have the red in stock in a few days, looks really nice.
Just my 2 cents, as long as you pay with PayPal, should be fine.
Good luck!
Edited by: "deleted1336857" 21st Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions