Best/cheapest music service

Found 23rd Oct 2017
I would like to be able to download some of the latest songs (legally) onto my phone and hear them whenever I want, offline.

Apple Music and Others seem to be quite expensive at £10 p/m and £15 if you want to get a family account. Are there any cheaper alternatives that work just as well?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Amazon prime music

Can you club together with friends (or even people on here) for a family account?

Are you a student?

When you say expensive think about what you are saying...

The cost to buy two albums a month would be £14 - £20. So £10 - £15 per month, for instant access to millions of songs, including the latest single and albums is actually incredible value.

ipswich7840 m ago

When you say expensive think about what you are saying...The cost to buy …When you say expensive think about what you are saying...The cost to buy two albums a month would be £14 - £20. So £10 - £15 per month, for instant access to millions of songs, including the latest single and albums is actually incredible value.

I'm not sure it's incredible value. I don't have any subscriptions but at least when you buy an album you have the tangible product and all the artwork that goes with it.

Agree with @kester76 ... amazon prime.you get lots of benefits with this, including amazon prime next day delivery free on prime items and music, prime tv, subscribe and save vouchers for shopping, warehouse deals delivered free etc the list goes on. It's £79. Per year and you can set up a household so you can share these features with someone. I just linked my daughter on to mine and she can watch amazon prime tv and listen to music as much as she likes. She's a teen so I didn't share the ability for her to shop on the account. If you have a friend that would pay half the £79 and share the account with you that would be even better for you.I really recommend it

LeahsMintytoutou1 h, 1 m ago

Agree with @kester76 ... amazon prime.you get lots of benefits with this, …Agree with @kester76 ... amazon prime.you get lots of benefits with this, including amazon prime next day delivery free on prime items and music, prime tv, subscribe and save vouchers for shopping, warehouse deals delivered free etc the list goes on. It's £79. Per year and you can set up a household so you can share these features with someone. I just linked my daughter on to mine and she can watch amazon prime tv and listen to music as much as she likes. She's a teen so I didn't share the ability for her to shop on the account. If you have a friend that would pay half the £79 and share the account with you that would be even better for you.I really recommend it

Didn't know about the linking part. Thanks for the heads up

kester7616 m ago

Didn't know about the linking part. Thanks for the heads up

No probs it's called amazon household

Rednirah1 h, 35 m ago

I'm not sure it's incredible value. I don't have any subscriptions but at …I'm not sure it's incredible value. I don't have any subscriptions but at least when you buy an album you have the tangible product and all the artwork that goes with it.

Fully get the ownership vs rental debate (I used to think the same way and let's not get into the quality side of things...). But the benefits of flexibility, accessing millions of songs instantly across a range of devices, listening to the latest song the minute it's released, recommended music based on your listening habits, no concerns of losing the CD etc.

kester765 h, 38 m ago

Amazon prime music

I can't recommend this. Tried it, lack of songs conpared to what other streaming services offer.

Google play usually do 4months music for 99p. (New accounts)
Spotify is usually 3 months for 99p (new accounts)
I believe there is a free music trial on Apple music currently. Will see if I can find the post.

Student only.
hotukdeals.com/dea…017
Edited by: "kos1c" 23rd Oct 2017

The downside with Amazon Music is they push their Unlimited offering which has a wider range of songs, which means depending on your tastes, you may find your choice of content is limited. I'd suggest if that's the sole reason you're looking at Amazon Prime membership, you save your money.

I do have Prime membership so I use it, but Spotify is far beyond it in terms of the library. There's a well known loophole that lets you get it for a fiver a month on a student account too.

Deezer is another service not mentioned here you could look into.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions