Groups
    EXPIRED

Best/Cheapest place to buy an universal ethernet card for PC

Hi does anyone know a good place where they have ethernet cards for a desktop PC im not sure what kind i need so help would be appriciated. Im on a virgin media line which is 10MB my pc does not have an ethernet port on it only has usb ports.
    I have been told that if i connect it via usb i will get lower speeds and its best to use ethernet to get maximum speed.

So where can i get one from which is good and cheap???

Thanx

16 Comments

It doesn't need to be anything fancy, I presume you have free PCI card slots in your PC?

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;5605501

It doesn't need to be anything fancy, I presume you have free PCI card … It doesn't need to be anything fancy, I presume you have free PCI card slots in your PC?

Yeah i have got 4 slots free. I dont want anything fancy i just want a cheap one which will do the job but where from???

Ebuyer have a couple of cheap Tenda cards (they're actually Realtek chips, much the same as onboard network cards) which should do the job fine.

John

Original Poster

Do you think this would be any good?

*********.co.uk/10-…A50

Its ebay the missing bit

eBay links are blocked here

Original Poster

Its item number 170341717980 on ebay

Original Poster

Anyone?

Patience is a virtue...

From the picture it looks like a Realtek network chip which I'm sure would work fine but as the auction is lacking any detail about the card I couldn't say for sure.

John

For a £3 Paypal Gift I can post you a used 10/100Mbit PCI Ethernet card.

]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4895/nicsml.jpg

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;5605998

Patience is a virtue...From the picture it looks like a Realtek network … Patience is a virtue...From the picture it looks like a Realtek network chip which I'm sure would work fine but as the auction is lacking any detail about the card I couldn't say for sure.John

Sorry thanx for all the help will look into it abit more.

Original Poster

SUMMONER;5606475

For a £3 Paypal Gift I can post you a used 10/100Mbit PCI Ethernet card.]

Hi would you take £2 for it as its used and brand new ones are around £2.50 on ebay??

zedf;5606588

Hi would you take £2 for it as its used and brand new ones are around … Hi would you take £2 for it as its used and brand new ones are around £2.50 on ebay??

Sorry, that's a little low for my taste. I rather keep it for spares.

Original Poster

SUMMONER;5606629

Sorry, that's a little low for my taste. I rather keep it for spares.

Whats the lowest you will take come on do it for £2 its only gathering dust there

zedf;5606675

Whats the lowest you will take come on do it for £2 its only gathering … Whats the lowest you will take come on do it for £2 its only gathering dust there

Only because I have to go to the Post Office on Monday anyway, £2.50 delivered by 2nd class.

Original Poster

SUMMONER;5606783

Only because I have to go to the Post Office on Monday anyway, £2.50 … Only because I have to go to the Post Office on Monday anyway, £2.50 delivered by 2nd class.

Done can you start a thread in the for sale part so we can stick to the rules

zedf;5606790

Done can you start a thread in the for sale part so we can stick to the … Done can you start a thread in the for sale part so we can stick to the rules

]done

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. love affairs1756
    2. Charles Wilson Voucher11
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767292
    4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1629

See more discussions