Best/Easiest country to get a second passport to keep EU freedom of movement?

Posted 30th Nov
I don't really want to lose freedom of movement in the EU so I was thinking the easiest country to move to before Brexit and apply for citizenship when possible.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Don't be so pathetic.
Mods: No political discussion
Also mods: A pro EU post? Post as much as you like.
There we go, @ScubaDudes thread removed, this thread remains. Proves my point completely
Ferris30/11/2019 23:11

You seriously think this place displays liberal bias?!?

100% definitely. Full of remoaners and Trump haters.
Edited by: "jamie15" 30th Nov
55 Comments
The Republic of Ireland?
Scotland in a few months/years?
Bit extreme I don’t think it’s gonna be too much bother after brexit
Don't be so pathetic.
Réunion
Drama, drama, drama.
Mods: No political discussion
Also mods: A pro EU post? Post as much as you like.
Just choose whatever country you wish to live and work in. If your talking about just travelling nothing will change, the UK was never part of Schengen so we've always needed a passport, just like before and after.
jamie1530/11/2019 22:10

Mods: No political discussionAlso mods: A pro EU post? Post as much as you …Mods: No political discussionAlso mods: A pro EU post? Post as much as you like.

Got the same reply...madness @magicjay1986

Well actually firstly the "Hello {{username}}, Thank you for reporting this thread: :threadTitle. We have handled your report. If you would like to give us more information, or ask any further questions, we'd be happy to hear it - please just reply to this message. Thanks, hotukdeals team". Which means absolutely nothing at all and may as well never be given out.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 30th Nov
Move and stay there - you won't be missed here
cecilmcroberts30/11/2019 22:17

Got the same reply...madness @magicjay1986 Well actually firstly the …Got the same reply...madness @magicjay1986 Well actually firstly the "Hello {{username}}, Thank you for reporting this thread: :threadTitle. We have handled your report. If you would like to give us more information, or ask any further questions, we'd be happy to hear it - please just reply to this message. Thanks, hotukdeals team". Which means absolutely nothing at all and may as well never be given out.

That's the response I expected so didn't even bother reporting. Mods always show liberal bias here, unless they get lots of criticism. I'm guessing they'll be along soon with some excuse. If someone made a post saying the opposite (such as 'is there any way to fast track a blue passport, I'm sick of having EU written all over it') then mods would probably remove.
jamie1530/11/2019 22:41

That's the response I expected so didn't even bother reporting. Mods …That's the response I expected so didn't even bother reporting. Mods always show liberal bias here, unless they get lots of criticism. I'm guessing they'll be along soon with some excuse. If someone made a post saying the opposite (such as 'is there any way to fast track a blue passport, I'm sick of having EU written all over it') then mods would probably remove.

Ferris30/11/2019 23:11

Edited by: "jamie15" 30th Nov
There we go, @ScubaDudes thread removed, this thread remains. Proves my point completely
jamie1530/11/2019 23:14

Whereas I'm astounded at how bigoted, reactionary and right-wing this place generally is.

I guess it's like the BBC where each side is convinced it's biased against them...

Never had you down as a fan of the human Wotsit though.
Edited by: "Ferris" 30th Nov
Ferris30/11/2019 23:39

Whereas I'm astounded at how bigoted, reactionary and right-wing this …Whereas I'm astounded at how bigoted, reactionary and right-wing this place generally is.I guess it's like the BBC where each side is convinced it's biased against them...Never had you down as a fan of the human Wotsit though.

I haven't seen anyone apart from you say the mods are right wing. Users may be different (see users from both side) but mods are always biased towards EU and against Trump.
I'm a remoaner and trump hater but I don't want mods to pick and choose what threads to close based on their interests.
I can handle reading other opinions and am not a snowflake.
jamie1530/11/2019 23:28

There we go, @ScubaDudes thread removed, this thread remains. Proves my …There we go, @ScubaDudes thread removed, this thread remains. Proves my point completely

Yes, expected outcome.
jimmy_the_fridge30/11/2019 23:41

I'm a remoaner and trump hater but I don't want mods to pick and choose …I'm a remoaner and trump hater but I don't want mods to pick and choose what threads to close based on their interests.I can handle reading other opinions and am not a snowflake.

Indeed. If the policy of no political discussion was applied to all threads it would be fine, but this pick and choose attitude is not fair.
The 3rd hottest deal of the week is taking the p out of the POTUS, i said imagine the uproar if it was the previous guy and the mods deleted me for being off topic

This site along with 90% of the internet is extremely left/liberal biased, the members are pretty mixed as expected.
jamie1530/11/2019 23:41

I haven't seen anyone apart from you say the mods are right wing. Users …I haven't seen anyone apart from you say the mods are right wing. Users may be different (see users from both side) but mods are always biased towards EU and against Trump.

My opinion is on the site as a whole, and only by extension the mods, as it's up to them what to allow/remove. There was one particular thread a few months back where every comment was almost comically rightwing, and more moderate comments were not even allowed to go live. To be fair to the mods, they are quick to remove the more blatant racism/xenophobia when reported.
Edited by: "Ferris" 1st Dec
Ferris01/12/2019 01:12

My opinion is on the site as a whole, and only by extension the mods, as …My opinion is on the site as a whole, and only by extension the mods, as it's up to them what to allow/remove. There was one particular thread a few months back where every comment was almost comically rightwing, and more moderate comments were not even allowed to go live. To be fair to the mods, they are quick to remove the more blatant racism/xenophobia when reported.

As @Azwipe said above, the Trump toilet brush deal was a perfect example. All the comments pro Trump were removed, vast majority of anti Trump comments were kept. Only once many uses complained did the mods remove some anti Trump comments but there are still some left. If it was an Obama toilet brush it would have been removed off the site or all anti Obama comments removed.
jamie1501/12/2019 00:05

Indeed. If the policy of no political discussion was applied to all …Indeed. If the policy of no political discussion was applied to all threads it would be fine, but this pick and choose attitude is not fair.

it is called freedom of speech Jamie as soon as any posts get removed it becomes unfair.
I've been following an American couple touring Europe on Youtube. They have had no problems with 'freedom of movement' moving through the EU, same goes for my Australian friend. They can also work to and from various Commonwealth countries with working visas.

As much as the pro-camp want you to believe that you are going to be stuck on an island without any chance of stepping into mainland Europe is laughable at best.
jamie1501/12/2019 01:17

As @Azwipe said above, the Trump toilet brush deal was a perfect example. …As @Azwipe said above, the Trump toilet brush deal was a perfect example. All the comments pro Trump were removed, vast majority of anti Trump comments were kept. Only once many uses complained did the mods remove some anti Trump comments but there are still some left. If it was an Obama toilet brush it would have been removed off the site or all anti Obama comments removed.

Good point. If someone posts a deal about a 'Trump toilet brush' - It's only going to go one way, and is 100% political. How on earth it is still there, I do not know...
guru40401/12/2019 02:51

Good point. If someone posts a deal about a 'Trump toilet brush' - It's …Good point. If someone posts a deal about a 'Trump toilet brush' - It's only going to go one way, and is 100% political. How on earth it is still there, I do not know...

Even if it's there, comments should have been locked. They weren't, only got put into moderation ages later when it was clearly going to be political.
Wongy11001/12/2019 01:29

it is called freedom of speech Jamie as soon as any posts get removed it …it is called freedom of speech Jamie as soon as any posts get removed it becomes unfair.

Absolutely, I agree (with a few exclusions when it turns into spam or hate). However, if they wantnto implement a policy of no political discussion they must consistently enforce it which doesn't happen. Politics and religion are just too important in society to ignore.
Edited by: "jamie15" 1st Dec
Jeez guys, what a nasty bunch you are. If you don't like the question don't answer it.

ScubaDudes30/11/2019 22:51

Comment deleted

senukas30/11/2019 22:24

Move and stay there - you won't be missed here

What lovely people you both are - I don't really care what side of the political discussion you are on, just be nice. OP asked a reasonable question.

Here is an article OP
Edited by: "jambone" 1st Dec
jamie1530/11/2019 23:41

I haven't seen anyone apart from you say the mods are right wing. Users …I haven't seen anyone apart from you say the mods are right wing. Users may be different (see users from both side) but mods are always biased towards EU and against Trump.

Why are you so obsessed with Trump?
The guy is a moron.

OP, you might be eligible to get an Irish passport, that’s what I’m doing. Don’t want to lose any freedoms either.

good luck.
Edited by: "teh.arn" 1st Dec
Wongy11001/12/2019 01:29

it is called freedom of speech Jamie as soon as any posts get removed it …it is called freedom of speech Jamie as soon as any posts get removed it becomes unfair.

We don’t have ‘free speech’ in this country and you certainly don’t anywhere in the world on a privately run shopping forum.
guru40401/12/2019 02:38

. They can also work to and from various Commonwealth countries with …. They can also work to and from various Commonwealth countries with working visas.

The point of EU “freedom of movement” is that EU citizens don’t need to working visas, which will have various restrictions of things such as how long they can work for or what type of jobs can be undertaken.
No one’s seriously suggesting that there’s going to be an absolute ban on travel, as you appear to be asserting.
Edited by: "gwynevans" 1st Dec
gwynevans01/12/2019 09:08

The point of EU “freedom of movement” is that EU citizens don’t need to wor …The point of EU “freedom of movement” is that EU citizens don’t need to working visas, which will have various restrictions of things such as how long they can work for or what type of jobs can be undertaken.No one’s seriously suggesting that there’s going to be an absolute ban on travel, as you appear to be asserting.

Nail on the head
Diane Abbott seems to have taken control of moderation. Free unicorns for all!
jamie1530/11/2019 23:14

Perhaps another reason the site is so popular. Savvy people.
.MUFC.01/12/2019 09:25

Diane Abbott seems to have taken control of moderation. Free unicorns for …Diane Abbott seems to have taken control of moderation. Free unicorns for all!

A United fan in possession of a dog whistle. How lovely.
You are so funny, I wish a had your problem
jambone01/12/2019 04:06

Jeez guys, what a nasty bunch you are. If you don't like the question …Jeez guys, what a nasty bunch you are. If you don't like the question don't answer it.What lovely people you both are - I don't really care what side of the political discussion you are on, just be nice. OP asked a reasonable question. Here is an article OP

No, not nasty, I just hate spam and this post is exactly that. If you want to moan about brexit etc go to The Guardian, they fit your type.
I changed my main residence to another EU country almost immediately following the referendum.
It was the smarted thing I've ever done, and that in a life filled with smart decisions.
teh.arn01/12/2019 08:41

Why are you so obsessed with Trump? The guy is a moron.OP, you might be …Why are you so obsessed with Trump? The guy is a moron.OP, you might be eligible to get an Irish passport, that’s what I’m doing. Don’t want to lose any freedoms either.good luck.

Definition of obsessed: preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually and to a troubling extent.

Being a Trump supporter doesn't mean I am obsessed with him He isn't a moron at all, he is a good leader but because the liberals hate him and the press is biased against him they are all after him. Trump is very simple and honest, if he says he is going to do something he tries his absolute best to do it.
Kaytranada01/12/2019 09:31

Perhaps another reason the site is so popular. Savvy people.

The site is popular because of deals, not because of politics.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants