Groups

Best/safest way to post a Laptop?

I'll shortly be having to post a laptop and would like some advice as to the best way to send it. I know some methods of posting don't cover damage etc. if it's a laptop or something with a hard drive that you're posting.
    I can post it Royal Mail special delivery for £21 which i believe would cover it but wondered if anybody knew any cheaper/safer ways to send it, any couriers etc??
    Any help most appreciated and will be repped

14 Comments

parcel2go.com

you should be able to post it on there for under a tenner i think. insurance up to £50 is free, up to £100 is a few quid, but i dont know about anymore than that!

I have used them loads of times, they are efficent and no problems!

Original Poster

chrisharry12345;4372970

parcel2go.comyou should be able to post it on there for under a tenner i … parcel2go.comyou should be able to post it on there for under a tenner i think. insurance up to £50 is free, up to £100 is a few quid, but i dont know about anymore than that!I have used them loads of times, they are efficent and no problems!

Thanks very much, they look ok to me. I looked to see if they covered laptops but can't find any mention of what is/isn't covered. Any ideas?

Standard comp with P2GO is only £50 so make sure you get extra cover.

pacelforce48 is £13.99 and has £150 cover.

Original Poster

Thanks guys. Need it covered for up to about £250. Forgot about that! :thumbsup:
    Will check out your suggestions

shanecr;4373107

pacelforce48 is £13.99 and has £150 cover.

I used these not long ago to send a laptop took 3 days, and got there safe and sound, but i did write on parcel in very big letters FRAGILE GLASS in red marker.

nessynoo01;4374530

I used these not long ago to send a laptop took 3 days, and got there … I used these not long ago to send a laptop took 3 days, and got there safe and sound, but i did write on parcel in very big letters FRAGILE GLASS in red marker.

im about to post one....i'll do that, though i dont have a red pen.

If you have a printer ]this will help

Also use lots of LARGE BUBBLE bubble wrap

bargain surfer;4374887

If you have a printer ]this will helpAlso use lots of LARGE BUBBLE bubble … If you have a printer ]this will helpAlso use lots of LARGE BUBBLE bubble wrap

nice. prob eat a load of ink tho lol. and the box is good, actual laptop box with foam inserts that dell use.

shanecr;4374934

nice. prob eat a load of ink tho lol. and the box is good, actual laptop … nice. prob eat a load of ink tho lol. and the box is good, actual laptop box with foam inserts that dell use.

In that case buy a [COLOR=red]RED PEN[/COLOR]

Just go with Royal Mail Special Delivery.

It will cost more, around £20, but it is a very good service and will cover you up to £500.

Original Poster

Thanks guys. I have a Dell laptop box to post it in and a Red pen, so i'm halfway there :thumbsup:

Sumit.Yadav3 h, 31 m ago

For any problem regarding the Dell laptop, click on the given link-Dell …For any problem regarding the Dell laptop, click on the given link-Dell Tech Support

∆ Ban please

Cr0m1 m ago

∆ Ban please

I reported that comment as spam over 3 hours ago...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 7 - What Case?619
      2. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door56
      3. Cool kettle Bosch kettle cashback won't work. Help!22
      4. Question for electrician on bathroom fan45

See more discussions