Bet Chinese Android circa £150

Found 7th Oct 2017
Hi all,

So I've been reading up on phones galore. I use a Huawei, but the xiaomis and other new Chinese companies are making more and more great phones.

Any recommendations based on personal experience?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

Oukitel k10000pro

Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One. Xiaomi have partnered with google to produce their first stock android phone. The big bonus of this phone over others is that it will be amongst the first to receive updates every time android updates.
Here's one such deal: geekbuying.com/ite…ale

How long is a piece of string?

Might have been a link on here but this is a great site: kimovil.com/en/

What do you need a phone for?

I said this on another post, I'd go for a phone that is popular.

I owned an Elephone P8000 which got one update out of the box then 2 or 3 updates afterwards and then nothing for the past year despite a few niggles. My wife had a Cubot that had 1 update and nothing else (although tbf there were'nt many problems.) I've upgraded to a Ulefone Power 2 (as I need at least a days use) but I expect the updates to be similar.

My Son needs a phone and I'm considering the Xiaomi Note as it has a wide userbase and seems a decent all round phone.

Check that site linked and weigh up all the pro's and cons.

One other thing, I've noticed more and more phones from China being hit from Customs. I'm sure sites like this draw attention to this so be prepared for a further fee when you get it. Luckily I've never been charged but it's something to consider.

Xiaomi seem to be the best for OTA updates
not a phone but my Xiaomi mi drone has had about 4 updates to firmware in under 2 months
my redmi 4a has had about the same
the weakest kink on these phones direct from china i would say is the camera

dont use the dhl option and should be ok for getting through customs
pleasenote this is just my personal opinion
Edited by: "mattmerch" 7th Oct 2017

Original Poster

mattmerch13 h, 17 m ago

Xiaomi seem to be the best for OTA updates not a phone but my Xiaomi mi …Xiaomi seem to be the best for OTA updates not a phone but my Xiaomi mi drone has had about 4 updates to firmware in under 2 months my redmi 4a has had about the same the weakest kink on these phones direct from china i would say is the cameradont use the dhl option and should be ok for getting through customs pleasenote this is just my personal opinion

How's the drone? I keep looking at djis thinking I can't justify a grand

drones great fun for the price £320 after cashback
just make sure you have a suitable place to use these drones they are not for indoors or a small garden
just ordered the handheld gimbal so will have some more fun with that
Post a comment
@
    Text