Betfair question

I think I understand the back and lay options on betfair, however I'm not sure about being able to change your odds when backing. If you select say Italy to beat Paraguay and select back, you can then change the odds either up or down to give yourself potentially more of a return. Hoe does this work, surely the odds are fixed and I can't bump up the odds from say 1.7 to 4.7?

3 Comments

Yes you can, but you need to someone to take the bet as it is fan against fan betting.

If it is 1.7 you can push it 1.8-9 and someone may take the bet.

It will say whether anyone accepted the bet and you can also leave it open or set it to auto cancel once the game starts.

Original Poster

ok thanks. I get it, so though you can greatly increase the odds, it's very unlikely they would be matched. it's just there to give you a few more options.

Its possible it can be matched.. especially with the in running betting. when paraguay scored Italys odd would have drifted and you'd of got much better odds than before kick off.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2156
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 182720
    3. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??55
    4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6511243

See more discussions