Expired

Bethere Broadband and Xbox live

3 replies
Found 22nd Jan 2008
Has anyone had any issues setting up xbox live with Bethere Broadband, it tells me it fails the MTU settings test?

Any idea what this means?

3 Comments

MTU is Maximum Transmission Unit and is the maximum size a packet of data. XBOX live sets a minimum level to ensure good service. Can only assume Be set theirs below this. You should be able to change it yourself on your router, set it to 1400 and see if that works. All ISP's can support this too so you should be ok.

Original Poster

This is the router I have:

thomson-broadband.co.uk/pro…511

I shall try and work out how to adjust the MTU as Bethere support could not advise me (not very helpful!)

luvadealme;1488183

This is the router I … This is the router I have:http://www.thomson-broadband.co.uk/products/Details.asp?ProductID=511I shall try and work out how to adjust the MTU as Bethere support could not advise me (not very helpful!)

Sorry, not familiar with that router so unsure how to change it. It's usually on the same page as your ISP login details. Presumably you know how to get to the router config page via your web browser?

If you go here: thomson-broadband.co.uk/cod…511

You can download the full user guide for your router, instruction should be in there.
h
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!79
    2. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.1023
    3. Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington strea…22
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769580

See more discussions