Found 2nd Mar 2009
What is the difference between back all and lay all on the Betfair website? Lay all will win me £3 more than back all or 2.74 ba and 2.76 la??

Thanks
David

1. Misc
  2. Betting
14 Comments

Original Poster Banned

My bet btw is Blackburn to beat Everton, so which option do I go for?

Original Poster Banned

Can someone also explain the 'Your odds' section as it seems you can put the best odds in to make yourself more money if it wins??

Ask Levis, he knows his stuff.

The JFK;4530469

Ask Levis, he knows his stuff.

Wow, you made me laugh for all the right reasons there JFK :thumbsup:

lol

You need to back Blackburn if you want them to win. What are the odds that it shows?

You can put your own odds so you get more money back but if nobody meets the odds you want to put on your bet won't be matched so you won't win any money.

Basically someone is offering you odds of 2.6 that Blackburn will win don't think that by putting it up to 10 someone will offer you odds of 10 to win because they won't so your bet will never get placed.

Unless say they go 2-0 down then it'll go to about 10 your bet will be placed then and you'll probably lose your money any way.

Backing all and laying all is pretty pointless you probably won't win £3 more because you're outlay will be pretty big in the first place to cover all 6 bets.

You'll be laying blackburn, everton and the draw and backing blackburn, everton and the draw which is pointless

ok why would you back all ? thats backing all bets m8, lay is layign aginst something, for example arsenal vs tottenham if you lay arsenal, that means you are saying arsenal wont win, so a draw or spurs win and you win, backign something ie backign arsenal means if arsenal win you win, a draw or spurs win and you lose your bet, try betdaq m8 its a bit better then betfair in my eyes,

To be fair I'd stick with William Hills or Ladbrokes if you're new to betting, betfair can be a pretty complicated place with all the decimal odds and options to bet. Best to stick to the basics with a high street bookies or with them online because the odds aren't massively different.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not new to betting at all, being going on around 5/6 years. Just thought I'd try Betfair but its far too confusing. Stuck to skybet in the end.

Have a look around and use the tutorials to see what you need to do then, once you know it's pretty straight forward but it's best to know before jumping in at the deep end. Good luck with the bet.

it'll be a draw. save ur money.
Thank me later.

Original Poster Banned

££ JASE ££;4530962

it'll be a draw. save ur money.Thank me later.

Don't talk .. Rovers have the momentum from Sunday, and always do quite well against Everton at Ewood!

££ JASE ££;4530962

it'll be a draw. save ur money.Thank me later.

davidhurn;4533097

Don't talk b*llocks. Rovers have the momentum from Sunday, and always do … Don't talk b*llocks. Rovers have the momentum from Sunday, and always do quite well against Everton at Ewood!

You look silly now don't you. Hope you didn't lose too much money!!

For everyone who doesn't know it finished 0-0 :whistling:

Original Poster Banned

££ JASE ££;4553095

You look silly now don't you. Hope you didn't lose too much money!!For … You look silly now don't you. Hope you didn't lose too much money!!For everyone who doesn't know it finished 0-0 :whistling:

I don't feel stupid at all to be fair. We had chances to win and everyone gets a chance to guesstimate what the scoreline will be. Predict all of the weekends FA cup games and then I might believe you in future.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2238
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland46
    3. Add one, leave one game54415418
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247601

See more discussions